First time flower- 3weeks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camiudom

Reaction score
I don't really have a clue about what I'm doing in the first place, and with the third week of flower behind me I'm in the dark about what, if anything I really should be doing other than leaving the girls to do their business during the "night". Feeding MG bloom booster during last few weeks, and everything seems to be fine, really. I haven't posted since I was first asking about Veg when the plants were only a foot tall or so. Now at 5-6ft, really too large for the room- but we have to learn somehow, right. I think I got a sativia strain of bagseed, no herms to be found and only a few males. I got six females in a 8x8x7 room, with 1 400wHPS and a 250wMHfrosted bulb running 12/12, with24hr 4"exhaust. Live in cooler climate so I don't get too hot but I do admit almost a 20degreeF change in night/day. Took some random pics with a shitty camera. constructive criticism a must.

bud-09-13-09.jpg

plant09-13-09.jpg

plants09-13-09.jpg

To me it looks like you need allot more light output in that size of a room. Look how much your plants have stretched. See the amount of space between each new limb growing? You also need to be using some sort of nutrients for the flowering stage. Are you checking your ph also?

good luck

I've known I didn't have enough light from the get go, but limited resources have not allowed me to continue pouring money into my future savings account. I probably won't be able to invest 'till after my second grow, sadly. And I have been using the superbloom nutes from miraclegrow for flowering, not Ideal, but I had it around the house. I'm renting currently and looking to buy in about 9months, so I can't get too involved 'till I get into my new habitat either, just looking for some advice for the next grow. I do have access to 5more 250wMH with frosted bulbs not being used at work, but from what I've read they wouldn't be good for flowering anyway, without new lamps could I increase my blue lumens and still adequately flower?

I haven't been checking the PH of the soil, but have at least made sure the PH of the water has been seven. What would one use to amend an acidic/ basic wet /dry medium that was to be used for growing, and would it be different if you're vegging or flowering?

I used MG liquid food for my veg on the cheap. I am now using general hydroponics bloom nutes for flowering, its pretty cheap. You spoke of blue lumens... What kelvin bulbs are you running? You need to be running yellow to red. 2700 - 3000 during flower. You can supplement with CFl bulbs, the twisty kind, just keep them real close (they are real cheap and come in may sizes and lumens). I was also reading that a temp change like that could increase stretching as well.

Ph of 7 is to high. You want to check when you water and you want to check the run off as well. I doubt your runoff will be much diff as your not using any nutes. Your ph should be 6 ideally. You can get ph down solution from any place that sells aquarium supplies. A small bottle will prob be 4 bucks. There is a sticky in the DIY section on how to make your own too.

Might not be too late to do a little LST by tying some branches down or off to the side some.
Those sativa grow high. I have one that is over 4 feet high and I have topped some off-did'nt want to but had to.
I was'nt quite prepared for my first either but I know now what I am going to do on the next round.
You can top off the plant so it will spread out and keep the lights as close as you can.
Does'nt look bad at all for a first try, but I would'nt use MG-But then again there are growers here who use those products.
Good luck.
:)
Gb

I wouldn't try to train them in any way or top them since they are in flower. However, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Can you pack them all in a much smaller room perhaps?

I have considered building a wall in the middle of the room to split into two- one for veg and one for flower, but I don't know if I want to invest the time into separating the setup, although I have plenty of lights to work with.- I'm a heat tech by trade and this time of year is about the worst to take on more projects. Everyone realizes they need some kind of service/upgrade as soon as the cooler nights come along, and this year they came earlier than most. I will perfect this with your help, and you know I'll help any way I can when I get it down. I'm a scientist by nature, and would love to experiment with every option if it didn't take so much time.
Is there any grow simulator program I can play with?- I would find it very helpful.- I'm sure we all would.

Next time don't veg them for so long. I would keep it to 4 weeks or less before flipping to 12/12.

Latest posts

Back