first time grower, ww, 1 month growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redaqua

Reaction score
hi everyone, been growing for a month now i think, all ww seeds in soil. i started out on my window ledge using sun light but i did more research and finally got my 125w envirolite. they had long stems before i put them under light obviously chasing the sun but under light now more leaves have sprouted but the rate of growth has slowed down alot. should i be using nutes now? they're on 18 on 6 off lighting but im sure they should be growing quicker then they are. should i raise the light as its 2-3 inches above now. a lil advice would be nice!! check out the pics. safe!!

Photo-0083.jpg

Photo-0078.jpg

Photo-0080.jpg

Photo-0082.jpg

Photo-0085.jpg

Photo-0084.jpg

what kind of soil are u using ??? ... They seem like they are loving that light to me .. make sure u rotate ur plants every so often so they dont curve one way or another towards the light .. dont worry they will get going

Hey Bud,:D
Looks like they're starting off great! Find out if your soil has nutes already in it and how long will they feed the plant? You want to start off with a high level of N (nitrogen). Low P (potassium) and low K (phosphate) levels though until flowering stage.Good luck! :cool:

the soil im using is miracle grow, but i dont know how long the nutes in the soil will last for. still got a fair bit left. im just really stil abit miffed that the plants are not growing tall as well as growing wide and producing more leaves.???
any advice on the best nutes to use and which doesnt hurt the pocket too!!!???

Hey there,:D
The miracle grow soil I had feeds up to three months. It should have high nitrogen levels. But also phoshorus levels you don't really want, but you'll be ok till you transplant. W:cool: hen you do, get a organic soil if possible with only high nitrogen for the beginning stages. Then buy some organic fertilizer that comes in a three pack if you can, called Botanicare. It has Pro Grow, Liquid Karma, and Pro Blend. My PH level is perfect now! Buy a PH Test Kit as well. You'll need it. Try to find a local grow store and if you play your cards right someone will help you with the stuff you need for Marijuana Cultivation. Just look for the obvious stoner. Or you should just look like the obvious stoner!!They'll find you!!!;) :joint:

Just some food for thought here.. IF you pot them up, how about putting some perlite in there to loosen up that soil. Anyways, Otherwise they look rather healthy.

Just give em some time under the light. Keep em healthy and get you some good nutes. Botanicare and Fox Farms both make great nutrients for the beginner.

sheesh kebab!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) i just checked on here to see any more good advice u guys had left and noticed the date i took the first set of photos, 8 days later now look at em!!

Photo-0086.jpg

Photo-0087.jpg

Photo-0088.jpg

Photo-0089.jpg

Photo-0090.jpg

with the updated pics can anyone tell me why in a couple of the pots there is a something green on the top of the soil, i reckon its from the leaves as they are darker in colour but i dont know what or why its there. thanks

ok people i need some help again, heres the dilemma ive got five plants all the same size and im gonna move them to another growing space, obviously they are gonna get bigger in size and i dont think the space would hold all of them. i want big yeilds and i have a sneaky suspiscion that the majority might be females!!!;) i also have 2 young seedlings coming up 2 weeks old so they all need light. what to do????? also the roots are coming out of the pots should i transfer the plants now??? i really do need some advice. thanks

wait till you move them to repot them, just in case anything happens..just try and get you final size pot,

ive got a problem guys, can u please look at the size of my pots in the pics. the roots are like 2-3 inches long out of bottom of the pots. should i repot them now??? baring in mind my grow space is small, please i need some urgent advice. :( thanks

if the roots are coming out then definitely repot them, if you dont have too much horizontal room you can always get a tall container like those 3 gallons of soda liters you find at some of those cheap supermarkets ..

transplant now,try and find the pot that will see you through flower too, i.e 2-3 gallon.water before you transplant in order to keep the soil and root-mass solid, after transplant water in the new pot well.
if your having trouble with height restrictions then try LST`ing, "low stress training" or maybe super-cropping. but that`s nothing to worry about yet right? one day at a time man.good luck dude.

hi guys, heres the update. everything seems okay with the growth but only two out of the five plants are showing very prominent signs of being female, should i be worried about the other three????? as i can clearly see the females im still not too sure on whether to automatically think that the others are male or hermies!!!!???? space in my grow cupboard is very tight n i jus wanna concentrate on the females of course.!!! any advice?? :)

does a "hermie" plant that pollinates a healthy female,:stuff-1125699181_i_ make the bud any less potent?

hi guys, heres the update. everything seems okay with the growth but only two out of the five plants are showing very prominent signs of being female, should i be worried about the other three????? as i can clearly see the females im still not too sure on whether to automatically think that the others are male or hermies!!!!???? space in my grow cupboard is very tight n i jus wanna concentrate on the females of course.!!! any advice?? :)

Latest posts

Back