first time grower, ww, 1 month growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like you`ll need to expand your operation dude, but they look great man.
good luck for flower, you`ll need it.lol.

Richy-B said:
Hey there,:D
The miracle grow soil I had feeds up to three months. It should have high nitrogen levels. But also phoshorus levels you don't really want, but you'll be ok till you transplant. W:cool: hen you do, get a organic soil if possible with only high nitrogen for the beginning stages. Then buy some organic fertilizer that comes in a three pack if you can, called Botanicare. It has Pro Grow, Liquid Karma, and Pro Blend. My PH level is perfect now! Buy a PH Test Kit as well. You'll need it. Try to find a local grow store and if you play your cards right someone will help you with the stuff you need for Marijuana Cultivation.

(Just look for the obvious stoner. Or you should just look like the obvious stoner!!They'll find you!!!;) :joint:
)

Isn't that so true about the stoners !! We can Spot them Miles Away !! LOL

actually you shouldn't see any signs on the plant itself at this time. maybe a week into flowering will you start to be able to see male/female growth. get those babies into a final resting place as said above. well watered, trying not to break to roots.
keep it as simple as possible in the new grow space. be patient. you have weeks of vegging, flowering then harvest. take care of them as well as possible until done.
good luck dude.
p.s. nutes may be a crucial part of your transplanting for the next couple weeks. use as directed "no more then that".
if it were me i would light'em up 24/0 until flowering. ask around about that.

ive been veggin for 2 months and they would have been in the flowering cycle for a week come sunday. i dont think i can use nutes right now coz im using miracle grow n i been told it feeds for 3 months..

hi people, been a while i no but heres an update, the three i suspected of being males were definitly males. so i was left with 2 girls which is cool and they are in their 4th week now but as per usual for us 1st time growers something goes wrong. the bottom half of the plants fan leaves are drooping and have mainly brown spots on em. i havent been using nutes and im thinking that maybe the miracle grows nutes has run out. could it also be a heat problem??? can sum1 offer any advice? id be grateful. thanks

need those nutes! htgsupply.com 1-866-710-grow. foxfarm is what you need. check it out.
your nutes and lights are why you get those leaves dropping and getting brown. need food light and room to grow....

also check your PH

and a little like a teaspoon of dolimite lime would be good.
has Magnesium and other trace stuff MJ loves.

:yeahthat: yeah, i agree. it sounds like a high ph problem, i had the same,kinda brown/yellow spots on all my fan leaves, i thought it was spider mites at first,as an infestation of them has the same characteristics but i got the old microscope out and saw none of the lil` critters.
i suggest you water less-i.e wait a good 3-4 days before watering each time.
i am also using MG soil and i don`t add any other nutes whatsoever, and my gals are great, a couple of the lower fan leaves look like nute burn,but the rest of her is budding like crazy!
deffinately get some epsom salts,or mix lime in with your next soil mix as this gives the gals Magnessium, and acts as a ph buffer among other things like calcium etc.
MJ uses loads of Mg,and a lil` spray with some epsom salts-dissolved in warmish water will perk the ladies right up. don`t over-do the Mg as this can lock up other essential nutrients too.
good luck dude, your doing well. maybe try a good flush first, then go at them with low nutes high in "P", around 1/2 strenghth. see what happens. the majority of first time growers screw up because they "over-attend" their crop instead of just letting them grow.
hope this helps man.
cheers,:spit: Shuggy.

ok peeps i need some advice asap please, its been about 7-8 weeks flowering 2 plants, 1 of em has half of its trichs turned orangey brown should i harvest that 1 now?

did you use a jewelers loop or one of those magnifying instruments (min 15x)?
that`s the only way to tell for sure, that she`s ready for harvest.
Depending on which time to harvest is to everyone`s personal preference.
i.e-when the trichs have turned from clear-cloudy, "throughout the entire plant", to harvest at this point will give you more of a "head high".
if you wait untill they`re half cloudy-half amber, this will give you the best of both worlds-meaning a "heady high" with a little bit of "couch-lock" mixed in for good luck,lol. if you wait untill "ALL" the trichs have turned amber throughout the entire plant-this will produce the desired couch-lock high, if that is what you want.
IMHO i would wait untill you get a 50/50 mix of cloudy-amber, then harvest when the complete gal-has this all over;)
good luck man:D
p.s the trichs are not the hairs/pistills, but they appear on every calyx...

yh sorry i got my words mixed up, i meant pistils/hairs!!! i dont have a magnifying glass n i dont think ill be gettin 1 any time soon , surely theres a way of knowing without it?

Yeah... you can guess! :) Wait until the pistils are 50% -75% brown-orange and they are probably ready enough. Without some sort of maginification, that is the best way I know of.

you can pick up a microscope at Radioshack for under $20.
the trichomes are the only way you can "be sure" that your ready for harvest.
all other ways i.e pistills etc are not good indicators of harvest.

Latest posts

Back