First Time Indoor Grow Please Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ShOrTbUs said:
if the top of the canopy is 96 degress then u need to get some air blowing on those plants soon

Wow...yeah. I totally didn't see that. Way too high a temp. You are just asking for issues. I don't like my temps getting above 80-85 max. Most of the time I keep them in the mid 70's.

Well it now looks likes they are starting to show sex, my 3 plants, 2 I think are female and 1 male? Let me know what you guys think if its even possible to tell yet? Thanks!

The first two pics from the one plant are 100% female from what I am thinking, the next two pics are from the other plant that I am 75% sure they are female and the 6 other pics are the one plant I think is male.

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

m4.jpg

m5.jpg

m6.jpg

Here is how it looks to me.

Pic 1 looks female. Can't tell anything from pic 2 & 3. Pic #4 & 5 look male to me. Don't get too anxious, they will show in their own good time.

i think you should pull that light at least 16 inches away from top of the canapy those light get hot and 600 is a stroung light, i took my plants at about 12 - 14 inches and pransplanted them to ffof soil I held the stem in beteew my fingers turn upside down then broke free almost al the dirt they had aside from a ball stuck in the middle of the roots they got real droppy then came back to life by the next day. don't forget to water after there transplanted thats what I did and they came out okay .happy growing :icon_smile:

Hey fellers! Well here is an update, had 1 male 2 females. Chopped the male down long ago. One plant is 42 inches tall the other is 52. The taller one seems to have a tougher time absorbing Nitrogen. The shorter one is perfect. I had to tie the taller one and pull her sideways to keep from touching the lamp. Here are some pics. I switched the bulb to HPS and started Flowering on Feb 6th. It is now March 9th. I spin the plants around to a different position every day just so the light hits different parts of the plant. I never topped or Pinched the plants. Not sure how much this will affect yield?

What do you guys think?

untitled1.JPG

untitled2.JPG

untitled3.JPG

untitled4.JPG

untitled5.JPG

untitled6.JPG

untitled7.JPG

untitled8.JPG

untitled9.JPG

untitled10.JPG

untitled11.JPG

untitled12.JPG

Very nice indeed :) you will have a couple "tower of power" bud there when they finish. :)

This is just a suggestion to help on the tall one. If the stem isn't too "woody" you can actually do a "supercropping" method to bend that tall cola over. I do it on some of mine that get that close to the lights. The key is to very gently and in 2-3 places, soften the stem further down so that the stem will bend over easier. Then take some string or garden twine and tie the branch down so that it stays mostly horizontal, AND tie it up to support it as the buds thicken and bulk up as it will become very heavy and "break-over". By doing this you will keep the very top buds from burning out, and the lower buds on the stem will thicken and begin to reach up into multiple top colas. :)

Hi Guys, Its been about almost 7 weeks of flowering and Im seeing alot of cloudy trichomes and some clear. The hairs on the buds are mostly white and some that are turning orange. If I chop now will the hairs stay white or will they turn orange? Im not sure whether to wait a few more days so I get more cloudy trichomes. I definitely dont wont alot of Amber in there but I also like the orang hairs if that makes any sense.

100_0379.jpg

100_0382.jpg

100_0383.jpg

100_0385.jpg

100_0386.jpg

100_0394.jpg

100_0395.jpg

100_0396.jpg

100_0397.jpg

100_0403.jpg

100_0405.jpg

100_0406.jpg

If most of your bud hairs, (pistols), are still white, you still have a ways to go.

The closeup photos of the tricromes are not blown up enough IMO to give any kind of a call but with all the bud pistols still being white it wouldn't matter to me as I don't even look until 50% or less of the pistols have changed from white to their finishing shade of whatever.

Nice pics, thanks for posting and keep us updated.

WG

you can tell the sex in 2-3 weeks but if you haven't been adjusting the lighting by the doing "12 hour day-12 hour night" switches, it will take you longer. The way you tell females is because they have slender pistils with white hairs protruding; while males have small bunches of pods that resemble tiny broccoli. here it's more info on how to optimize lighting cycles...http://www.marijuanadoctors411.com/lighting-cycles.html

Latest posts

Back