First timer here, is my little girl sick?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azntigerdude

Reaction score
hi, ive been brpwsing here for a while and decided to sign up and post a bit. i love this place. all the stoners r so nice and helpful here. this is a great tightknit community. now, feeling these positive vibes and seeing all the grow journals, i finally got the confidence and decided to start my very first grow.

now ive been a smoker for a while now and never a grower, so i thought itd b exciting at the same time. getting the seeds was easy enough, its bagseed. i germed one and it sprouted and its been a month now. i now have a major problem i think. it may not be as serious as im taking it to b (maybe its a first timer thing eh? lol). i went to check on my baby today and her leaves looked funny. here are some pics:

06-12-07_1636.jpg
06-12-07_1635.jpg

those are her two biggest leaves which r at the top. i think IMO it may b 2 things, from all my reading here. its either mag deficiency or heat stress. both r easily solvable. spray with epson salts mixed with gallon of water or move the lights. but i am not as experienced as some of the other posters here and would appreciate feedback and help.

i know somebody is going to ask this, so im going to answer beforehand. no, i am not using nutes. i am a college student and am currently in the process of starting a new job, so it will be comming soon. i have my baby in a homemade cab lined with foil. my lighting is a 40w general electric soft white bulb, that produces heat, but not too much. that was what i had around my house. my growing medium is fafard potting soil which was also available around the brib. im using a 2 gallon pot right now.

now b4 anyone criticizes or tries to discourage me from growing until i get ALL the right materials, i know i know i know guys! i know exactly all the things i need. this is just a test run as my first grow. it is just to get my feet wet a little with some bagseed. id rather go into my real grow with any experience rather than go in blind and it b my first time. cuz no matter how much reading u do on this topic, experience is golden.

i am going to do a CFL setup with my real grow, which will probably be my next. im thinking about the stacked rubbermaid bin stealth grow. im gonna use foxfarms ocean forest as my medium. i have a few nutes for vegging and flowering in mind but havent totally made up my mind yet. im gonna order some big bud, whitw widow, and some lowryder #2 seeds from da good ole doc. im gonna get a computer fan, ph up, ph down, 3 gallon pot, timer, and i saw something in the DIY section that is PERFECT for odor control.

so yea, any other questions, please ask. and im going to thank everyone for their help beforehand. it is really appreciated!

btw, this is a pic of her at 1 month, tomorrow:

06-05-07_0728.jpg
06-12-07_1736.jpg
06-12-07_1735.jpg

yes, i know she is small for 1 month. she does have good growth of leaves tho, just not grown out big yet. but like i said, this is a test run. i do not care about yield. that is the last thing on my mind, cuz its just the icing on the cake. i expected her to grow slower, due to my lighting and no nutes. i am a patient person.

im no pro but i would say you need a stronger light. I never tried to grow with a regular house light bulb but I dont think its strong enough. My plants were the size of yours at like five days old. But you definitly got all the right info to do a good grow and once you get the right tools I bet you will have some nice plants. I could be wrong though, I am all the time. A floro bulb is really cheap and you can get them just about anywhere, why dont you get one?

thanks for the input! as ive stated, this is a test run. im not taking it OD serious, but im also not a jerk so im not just going to treat my plant like total crap. this one is just something to get my feet wet in this area while i get back onto my feet with my new job. if this plant takes way longer to grow, so be it, i will grow it out. patience is key. if i can get help and input from all you nice people here, i could possibly keep this plant going until i get my paychecks. then the REAL party begins, and whats better is, ill have some experience under my belt! :)

but ya, i know this is a cheap bulb. it was what i had lying around wen my little girl sprouted :). and my grow cab is not a huge space. i built it myself. so the heat from the bulb seems to fill the whole cab. i know because wen i open it to check on my plant everyday, sometimes the foil on the walls have dew/water vaper on it. im gonna buy either like 4 ot 5 CFLS, or a 250w hps, or a 400w hps for my next grow, my REAL one.

Latest posts

Back