Fishing!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TC-
This is a hair jig. We were using black/blue with a pork rind trailer. I find it harder to catch them on rubber worms in the colder weather but it's pretty much the only thing I use in warmer weather.

BB, that is what I thot a "hair jig" looked like. My discription was not so good. I have found I have to work the worm real slow in colder water. Lots of stoping and letting the worm rest, then a quick pop to get it off the bottom, then back to real slow reeling. I am using a shorter leader too, carolina style. Summer I use the tube bait (Gitzit) and lots of casting to shore. That is my favorite ...... I love the way the bass slam it. Worms are more of a nibble, nibble, move off slow. That classic pull on the line.....wish the weather was better, we would be on the lake today.

myself, sad to say we went fishing once on the boat this summer......a couple times we threw a fly at a stream (I didnt get any, he did tho, little black trout, I went back to the car and read a book).

Stealhead Season has started here with the storms, I see more and more men up to their hips in their hip boots in the river. It is WAY to cold for me for that kinda fishing.

Is it cold where you are?

Does your rod get icy?

Well here is a way to fish with no icy rod!

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMroqwkWy5A&feature=related

:peace:

that was neat HIE :aok:
if i ever get a remot control boat, i'll have to remember this one LOL

myself, sad to say we went fishing once on the boat this summer......a couple times we threw a fly at a stream (I didnt get any, he did tho, little black trout, I went back to the car and read a book).
thats bout all my lady does when i take her fishing.
when i dont take her she complains how i never take her too and when i do take her all she does is complain bout the heat or rain or cold or wind or dirt or lord knows wat and wants to go home and usually end up goin to the truck to read or nap LOL.

Well, I finally broke down and bought a boat. My first actually.

Decided to try to take it down to the launch and set it out on it's maiden voyage.

The guy who sold me the boat said the trick was not to get the trailer in too deep into the water.

But I just can't seem to get it in deep enough to get the boat off the trailer.

Here's a picture- can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
View attachment 143904

Just kidding, someone sent me this and I saw this thread pop up and just had to share.

what the...??? that looks like it WAS a nice truck! I can't believe how stupid people are!

i think i saw that same truck in the water pic on here before not too long ago. i might be imaginin things too but :confused2:
i wonder how many empty beer cans are in his truck box :rofl:

Love to fish!

Cant beat a shore lunch in Canada with fresh walleye! That would seriously be my last meal if on death row!

or cut open a tuna right out of the water and toss some lemon on it...fresh sashimi...AWESOME!

were just getting our ice fishing gear out and tuned in for the winter ice fishing...it's hard to find a partner to venture out in the cold with me...buncha momma's boys'...lol...

i won't ice fish alone. have almost drowned several times over past 30 years, while venturing out onto thin ice...there was a spring which made the ice alot thinner, and through i went...my grapple hooks saved me...

most would never venture out again after that ordeal...my lil woman hates it when i go out...i promised her i would partner up from now on...

i sometimes go out with a group in a fishing shanty that seats 10 people. they have couches in the dern thing, a generator, a tv, a cook stove, and a lotta booze...drive your truck right out on the ice to the shanty...

will try to show pics of our quarry this winter...just waiting for the ice to thicken up now a bit...gotta be 4 inches, or i ain't going out...

were just getting our ice fishing gear out and tuned in for the winter ice fishing...it's hard to find a partner to venture out in the cold with me...buncha momma's boys'...lol...
dang irish. come swoop me up. i'll buy beer too. gota have beer out fishin regardles sif it summer or winter imo.
lets go man.
all my stuffs all packed an ready to be loaded yet even. :hubba:
oh dang, that fishin fever is gettin on me again.

Hey Irish & Zip!

Bet we could have a grand old time out on the ice! We might get enough ice here to be fishing by Xmas- first time this early in quite a few years. My buddy stopped by yesterday with an ice report and it's looking good- 2" of nice black ice already.

As much as I enjoy the call, "Flag Up", it's about hanging with friends, eating game meals, drinking, and oh yeah- the occassional joint :p (and catching a fish now and then is fun too).

I got a buddy who grows outdoors and it's really the only time we get together and swap stories and samples.

I'd pick you up Zip! Hope you get out there this year.

We don't have any ice yet!!! almost christmas and no ice...what the *&%^ is goin on??? Michigan weather! come April we'll have 3 ft of it...lol...and I'll want to be planting.

We have what is called Tip Up around here BB, sounds like the same thing, there is a huge one up north that I went to a few yrs ago, it was a blast.

Nothing is better than a bluegill sandwich, on grilled sourdough, a little cheese, and a mound of cole slaw on top.....mmmmmmm I'm ready when ever we get some ice!

Irish let me get this straight......you drive out on a frozen lake thats sometimes not frozen to get drunk, smoke and fish..?.....I'm in!:hubba: But just one question......don't they have long john silvers where you live?:p

Just got back from my first ice fishing outing this year. Caught a few sunnies (brim) and crappies. Going back out to another lake in a couple of hours. Zip if you were near me I would take you out fishing for sure!! Anyone in MN that wants to go, shoot me a pm. It's just getting started.:clap: First few weeks are the best. No dumb dumb's driving their cars around.

Gonna be in the mid 20's next week. Going to have to put the boat in and get after some walleyes too. I'll try to take some pics today.

Irish what do you fish for in the quarry? Lakers?
I think pcduck made mention of fishing lake erie. I gotta get over there some spring.

IRISH said:

i won't ice fish alone. have almost drowned several times over past 30 years, while venturing out onto thin ice...there was a spring which made the ice alot thinner, and through i went...my grapple hooks saved me...

most would never venture out again after that ordeal...my lil woman hates it when i go out...i promised her i would partner up from now on...

i sometimes go out with a group in a fishing shanty that seats 10 people. they have couches in the dern thing, a generator, a tv, a cook stove, and a lotta booze...drive your truck right out on the ice to the shanty...

will try to show pics of our quarry this winter...just waiting for the ice to thicken up now a bit...gotta be 4 inches, or i ain't going out...

I decided to get close to a river opening one spring about 3 yrs ago and ... splash through i went, as i tried to get out, the ice just kept breaking, all my clothes were weighing me down, luckly i had put my auger
between my knapsack and my back as i was walking because my hands were full, i had enough strength for one last attempt, i stuck the auger
in the ice like a pic and pulled myself out, i was freaking out but i had to
move fast because i had a 15 min walk to my truck, when i finally got there i had to warm it up fast and strip down to my underwear,
i just stared blankly into the trees for 45 min i think i was in or going into shock, i drove home told my GF and she tore me a new one LOL

i marked that day on the calender and i stop going out 2 weeks before that day every year,

i have to go hit a big bowl now, because im shaking really bad.

Latest posts

Back