Fishing!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blancolighter

Reaction score
Ha, after a certain thread got highjacked when it turned to the subject of fishing, I figured a fishing thread was in order.

Now I know theres a good bunch of ya out there who have joint in your tackle box, so lets hear it from ya! Stories, tips, tricks, B S, whatever (I know fishing stoners are especially full of these)

Personally I'm a walleye man, if ya wake and bake and head out with your rod, best way to finish that day is with a fat walleye fillet and an equally sizeable doobie.

I'm just hanging in there, watchin my plant grow till the spring run, just a couple weeks away, gonna be loong weeks to get through. Might start rolling some "tackle" to get ready tho...

I guess I can "CAST" my support for this thread.
I've caught more than a few walleye over the years, but because I practice 100% catch and release(I can't stand the taste of fish, even the smell of it cooking indoors will make me RALPH) I prefer to fish for muskie or northern pike.

Well The hybrid and striper are bitin' and Largemouth..or "black bass" for you yanks;) are about to start bedding:hubba:

HYBRYDZ.jpg

My favorite fishing stories mostly involve my dad from when I was a little girl.

He and I were surf fishing in the Texas Gulf coast. We used dead shrinp and would wade out a little bit before casting our life. The water and the sun was always nice and warm. Anyhoo, I got a bite and reeled in since the fish stole my bait. I walked back to our spot and stuck another shrimp on my line without my dad even noticing. I cast and instantly hooked one! I was so excited but I didn't want to let my dad know so I didn;t make a peep as I was struggling reeling him in. I finally landed the fish. It was the biggest fish I had ever caught and I was full of self-pride. :D I said, "Dad, look what I got!" and he reeled in and came over to join me. He was proud too and told me it was a black drum. I wanted to keep this fish, get it stuffed and hang it on my wall. Instead, dad offered it to a poor family down the beach that was fishing for their food. I was soooo mad at him!!!

Thinking back now, I wonder if that fish was big at all. When you're a little kid they all seem bigger then they are...lol. The story just makes me smile now and remember about his gracious, generous spirit. He died in 2007.

My hubby hates going fishing with me since he has the job of taking them off my hook. It cuts into his wet hook time quite a bit. :p

The last few years our only fishing experience consists of my mom and stepdads private 26 acre lake that he keeps stocked with bass and crappie.

Still fun tho and I dont need to be on the look out for any game wardens. :p

alright im in...can we make this the fishing stoned club?

Good for you to start a new thread for this topic Blanco :)

There are a lot of fishermen and fishergirls on his forum.

Even though some girls are scared to touch the bait and the caught fish :p

I will be watching with big interest, I like to see the size you guys catch when here in the UK if you catch something weighing 2-4lb all the camera's come out because its classed as a specimen fish :D

:peace:

Nice steelheads, there, City! I'm a gulf coast saltwater fisher. Redfish, grouper, snappers, spotted seatrout, snook, an occasional pompano/permit.

Also a catch-and-release. Can't look seafood in the face. If they put a fish sandwich in the same bag as my burger, I won't eat it :D

Hola Art :)

ArtVandolay said:
Also a catch-and-release. Can't look seafood in the face. If they put a fish sandwich in the same bag as my burger, I won't eat it

Is the above simply because you dont like the taste of fish?

:peace:

ArtVandolay said:
Nice steelheads, there, City! I'm a gulf coast saltwater fisher. Redfish, grouper, snappers, spotted seatrout, snook, an occasional pompano/permit.

Also a catch-and-release. Can't look seafood in the face. If they put a fish sandwich in the same bag as my burger, I won't eat it :D
Red snapper is about the only one i wont eat, exceptraw macrill.
had some bad redsnapper at sizzler when i was a kid and i puked for hours havent touched it since

city said:
heres some of my favorite fish. 2 cut bow. 2 steal head
and fishing on the owyhee in january.. no thats not a bad cast its a roll cast

Those are some nice fish. Iv'e never tried fly fishing,(well not that kind)But about 20 years ago I was standing in the lake about knee high and decided to spark up a bowl. Being in the lake I had nowhere to set my pole down so I unzipped my pants and stuck the handle of my rod inside. As I was lighting the bowl a man and a little kid come out of nowhere. The kid asks "dad whats he doing?" The father replies" Looks like fly fishing".
I thought about it latter. It's a good thing I didn't catch anything. it could have proven to be a painful experience...LOL:rolleyes:

right on... fishng with your pants down.. always fun when you cant hold it anymore so you unzip and let it go. then suddenly theres a tug on the line....all you can think is"what do i do?"

Latest posts

Back