Fishing!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to fish for dungeness crab :hubba:

Around here, it's pretty much just trout... So we go to the coast and crab when we can.

cubby said:
I grew up in New England lobsters are a dime a dozen, just like fried clams, clam cakes, clam chowder. And fish and chips as far as the eye can see. I'll take a steak any time,or a lassagna.
As a kid our family did the whole beach cookout thing. You dig a big hole in the sand Get the coal hot, cover them with seaweed, throw your foil wrapped sea food in there and wait. My mom would have a fit every time because she knew I wasn't gonna eat that, even as a kid I'd rather starve.My dad would always bring a steak or hamburges or something that came from the turf side of surf and turf.
The only thing I've ever liked from the beach cookouts was the ice cold beer.:rolleyes:

Sounds like a little slice of heaven...dipped in butter...

Anyone on the west coast ever eat limpets? I never have but I saw someone do it on the tv the other day. I didn't know you could. All I know is I see billions of them on the rocks when I go to the coast. Seems like easy pickin's. On the show I saw they were bbq-ing them with lemon, honey, soy and ginger. If you don't know what I am talking about, they are the little China hats stuck to the rocks by the millions. Everywhere. I thought they said it was a little like clams. They were also eating big sand fleas (crabs). I have caught bunches that size in Trinidad on the north coast. Never thought to eat those either:confused2: Just seems too easy.

cubby said:
Hey, what ever happened to that guy who was looking for things to do when he was stoned?
i dont know.. i dropped the tread after this one started..
he had a little tissy and i dont thin k he fished.

..yea.. I'm really short for my age...:p

TURKEYNECK said:
Sounds like a little slice of heaven...dipped in butter...
well turkey.. its not like i gotta lot to look forward to here. ECONOMYSUCKS!!
so when are we moving to seefood land. Im game for clams lobster shrimp and crab being a dime a dozen

Well,,,, being in the midwest...I like fishing for smallies, largies, and kentucky hybrids (bass) in a crystal clear little river that runs thru my property.....wade right in the river...walk upstream,,,and count on havin about 11 or so nice 1lb'ers by the time your done...

Dear Abby:
When I finally retired, I could hardly wait to spend time enjoying my
favorite pastime -- bass fishing. I got my own little fishing boat and
tried to get my wife to join me, but she just never liked fishing. Finally,
one day at the Bait & Tackle Shop, I got to talking to Sam the shop owner
who it turned out loves bass fishing as much as I do. We quickly became
fishing buddies. As I said the wife doesn't care about fishing; she not
only refuses to join us she always complains that I spend too much time
fishing.
A few weeks ago Sam and I had the best fishing trip ever. Not only did I
catch the most beautiful bass you've ever seen, only a few minutes later
Sam must have caught his twin brother! So I took a picture of Sam holding
up the two nice bass that we caught and showed the picture to the wife
hoping that maybe she'd get interested. Instead she says she doesn't want
me to go fishing at all anymore! And she wants me to sell the
boat! I think she just doesn't like to see me enjoying myself.
What would you do? Tell the wife to forget it and continue my hobby or
quit fishing and sell the boat as she insists?

Forget it Hick...and enjoy your Hobby..and if you decide to sell the Boat..let me Know..and I hope you throw in SAM:lama:

hmmmmm

I did a bit of fishing earlier today...:rolleyes:

didn't get any bites yet....:p

or did i?

heres a 12 foot skiff i got from a friend last summer. it was his dads that passed away, and he was moving out of state, and did'nt want to drag it with, so he entrusted it to me. we spent many, many hours in this boat with his dad fishing all over. it had a few small leaks in the bottom from a float trip down the pine creek. i've fixed those. i just found a trailer for it last week. gotta pick it up once the rain here stops.

annndd, this is Billy.:hubba: :D :cool: . he's the holder of the emergency doob. he sings 'take me to the river', and ' dont worry, be happy'. :D ...

and a few pics of what we mostly fish for, bluegills. my favorite meal is fresh caught gills, fried green tomatoes, and fried yellow squash, fresh from the garden.:D :cool: ...bb...

I taught Sam everything Sam knows about fishing... Haven't seen Sam in a while. Good to hear Sam is doing ok. Good to see Sam is wearing clothes now.:p

Hick said:
Dear Abby:
When I finally retired, I could hardly wait to spend time enjoying my
favorite pastime -- bass fishing. I got my own little fishing boat and
tried to get my wife to join me, but she just never liked fishing. Finally,
one day at the Bait & Tackle Shop, I got to talking to Sam the shop owner
who it turned out loves bass fishing as much as I do. We quickly became
fishing buddies. As I said the wife doesn't care about fishing; she not
only refuses to join us she always complains that I spend too much time
fishing.
A few weeks ago Sam and I had the best fishing trip ever. Not only did I
catch the most beautiful bass you've ever seen, only a few minutes later
Sam must have caught his twin brother! So I took a picture of Sam holding
up the two nice bass that we caught and showed the picture to the wife
hoping that maybe she'd get interested. Instead she says she doesn't want
me to go fishing at all anymore! And she wants me to sell the
boat! I think she just doesn't like to see me enjoying myself.
What would you do? Tell the wife to forget it and continue my hobby or
quit fishing and sell the boat as she insists?

Hey BB. I love fishin' for gills too. Tenacious little suckers.
I had a fish tank at one of my jobs once. There was a pacu in it that would just swim back and forth all day long. One day a fellow employee was moving to a new pad and needed someplace to dump his convicts until he could set up his tank at his new house, so he dumped them into the tank at work. I came in the next day and the convicts were cruising around but the pacu was huddled in a bottom corner with part of his face gone. When ever he moved one of the convicts would swim over to him and bite or ram him until he got back into his little corner. It was kinda sad, really, we were all kinda hating on the little convicts. They were pretty mean to that pacu that we had had for so long.
Anyway, later that week, the boss' 5 year old son came through with a blue gill that was about 1 1/2 inches long and dumped that in the tank too. When I came in the next day the pacu was back to swimming back and forth along the tank. The blue gill was sitting still as could be right in the middle of the tank and all three convicts were smashed into the back corner. Anytime one of them even moved that little bluegill would zip down to them and set 'em straight. We just loved that little blue gill. The convicts were gone to their new home the following morning.

banjobuzz said:
heres a 12 foot skiff i got from a friend last summer. it was his dads that passed away, and he was moving out of state, and did'nt want to drag it with, so he entrusted it to me. we spent many, many hours in this boat with his dad fishing all over. it had a few small leaks in the bottom from a float trip down the pine creek. i've fixed those. i just found a trailer for it last week. gotta pick it up once the rain here stops.

annndd, this is Billy.:hubba: :D :cool: . he's the holder of the emergency doob. he sings 'take me to the river', and ' dont worry, be happy'. :D ...

and a few pics of what we mostly fish for, bluegills. my favorite meal is fresh caught gills, fried green tomatoes, and fried yellow squash, fresh from the garden.:D :cool: ...bb...

Husband and I fish two big lakes for Bass. Have a patio boat, bought that type cause my old (now gone) dad could get around in it well (after using a 15ft. bow rider for years, getting up and walking round makes a big difference in how long I can stay on a boat). We spent one of the best summers of my life a couple years ago, fishing every weekend with him. He was quite the lifetime fisherman. I have just taken up the sport in the last fifteen years. Got one of those bass games for the husband and I was hooked. Now I have like two bass rods, and one light tackle for streams and trout, one ocean pole too! I still cant get into steelhead fishing, tho we are less than a quarter mile from world class steelhead river. To cold and to early for me (ice on the pole and nose is not my cup a tea). Give me a hot summer day and a lake to jump in between catches. Got to bring some reefer along of course and some munchables.:D

fathers day resized.JPG

off topic , sorta-- mom had one of those japanese fighting fish. she accidently left her grooming mirror from doing her hair b4 work, out on the table, where the fish could see himself. welll, mom came home to find little henry dead on the table.:eek: .

mom about has a nervous break down over anything dying. and henry was no different. had to drive 75 miles to comfort her, and bury henry. gentlest woman you'd ever meet, with a huge heart.:) .:heart: ...bb...

Latest posts

Back