Fishing!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HippyInEngland said:
Hola Art :)

Is the above simply because you dont like the taste of fish?

:peace:

Yeah, I have some sort of mental issue with seafood I never got over. I think it's because my parents used to try to cram fishsticks down my catholic throat on Fridays when I was a kid :hubba:. But I don't like any of it - shrimp, crab, oysters, clams, any fish at all. And I can smell it when it's in the same room as I am. Tuna fish is right out!:D

SmokinMom said:
Well mine is pretty miniscule but here it is. Meet Bruno the bass. :p I threw him back and was looking for his granddaddy. Haven't found him yet.

Thats cuzz hes in my fry pan:giggle:

Blonco.....Ill be sure to post some of my trips again this summer...

Rainbow Trout, dont live in Ugly places...;) :cool:

city said:
right on... fishng with your pants down.. always fun when you cant hold it anymore so you unzip and let it go. then suddenly theres a tug on the line....all you can think is"what do i do?"

:rofl: which ROD to hold on too huh? :lama:

ArtVandolay said:
Yeah, I have some sort of mental issue with seafood I never got over. I think it's because my parents used to try to cram fishsticks down my catholic throat on Fridays when I was a kid :hubba:. But I don't like any of it - shrimp, crab, oysters, clams, any fish at all. And I can smell it when it's in the same room as I am. Tuna fish is right out!:D

Same here, I love to catch them, But the smell of any kind of seafood will just gross me out. The only time I keep fish is if it gets tore up getting it landed. Then I put it in the garden.;)

cubby said:
Same here, I love to catch them, But the smell of any kind of seafood will just gross me out. The only time I keep fish is if it gets tore up getting it landed. Then I put it in the garden.;)

I'm curious why you think that is? I know several people like us but no one ever had a reasonable explanation. I remember on a business trip to Stockholm several years ago that I went a full 48 hours without eating because the planned meals were all seafood. I was prepared to starve to death first.

HippyInEngland said:
People have enough room inside their zip to fit things into?

Ha..... The fishing pole wasn't that big....LOLOLOLOL:p

ArtVandolay said:
I'm curious why you think that is? I know several people like us but no one ever had a reasonable explanation. I remember on a business trip to Stockholm several years ago that I went a full 48 hours without eating because the planned meals were all seafood. I was prepared to starve to death first.

I don't know either but I've also met many people who feel the same way about fish.I make a yearly trip to the boundry waters canoe area for at least ten days.everyone else eats fish they catch,I bring MRE's( meals - ready to eat, The current version of millitary c-rations) And I eat upwind and a good distance away.:confused:

I went on a high school sponsored boundary waters canoe trip leaving from Ely, MN a loooong time ago. We caught some really, really big northern on that trip!

ArtVandolay said:
I went on a high school sponsored boundary waters canoe trip leaving from Ely, MN a loooong time ago. We caught some really, really big northern on that trip!

I simply climb in my boat and am in the BWCA in 20 min.:D

well i will eat em. love smoke.fried.broiled.
i like to eat smoked stealhead with some brie cheese and jolepeno jelly on crackers when fishing

city said:
well i will eat em. love smoke.fried.broiled.
i like to eat smoked stealhead with some brie cheese and jolepeno jelly on crackers when fishing

lol. pepperoni for me :) when fishing

4u2sm0ke said:
:rofl: which ROD to hold on too huh? :lama:
think about it.. you can catch more fish if that one gets away. but if you let go of "your rod" to catch the fish. you may finish in your own pants.. i always figure which pole is being tugged on the most needs trhe most attention.lol

TURKEYNECK said:
I understand some folks dont fancy fish.. but how on earth could anybody not like Lobster or crab??? youre missin out!

I grew up in New England lobsters are a dime a dozen, just like fried clams, clam cakes, clam chowder. And fish and chips as far as the eye can see. I'll take a steak any time,or a lassagna.
As a kid our family did the whole beach cookout thing. You dig a big hole in the sand Get the coal hot, cover them with seaweed, throw your foil wrapped sea food in there and wait. My mom would have a fit every time because she knew I wasn't gonna eat that, even as a kid I'd rather starve.My dad would always bring a steak or hamburges or something that came from the turf side of surf and turf.
The only thing I've ever liked from the beach cookouts was the ice cold beer.:rolleyes:

city said:
think about it.. you can catch more fish if that one gets away. but if you let go of "your rod" to catch the fish. you may finish in your own pants.. i always figure which pole is being tugged on the most needs trhe most attention.lol

I must say,I didn't think my rod would get this much expossure.....:eek:
I hope there are no younguns about...:rolleyes:

my food preperation 102 teacher is the world record holder for the largest tiger muskie out of a local lake. 26lbs i think....he got it ice fishing...i fish religiously during the warmer months, i dont freak around with ice fishing. to cold, to early...haha
i fish for pickerel and bass and perch....thats about what we got in the little lakes around here. the pond i put my boat is is well known for having alot of eel's...havnt got one yet but im tryin :)
i got a little jon boat with a trolling motor i haul around in my dads pickup truck. my brother (dubblehue) has a nice bow rider but we never really fish off it, just swim :)
what do you guys float in?

GeoffTheMess said:
my food preperation 102 teacher is the world record holder for the largest tiger muskie out of a local lake. 26lbs i think....he got it ice fishing...i fish religiously during the warmer months, i dont freak around with ice fishing. to cold, to early...haha
i fish for pickerel and bass and perch....thats about what we got in the little lakes around here. the pond i put my boat is is well known for having alot of eel's...havnt got one yet but im tryin :)
i got a little jon boat with a trolling motor i haul around in my dads pickup truck. my brother (dubblehue) has a nice bow rider but we never really fish off it, just swim :)
what do you guys float in?

Tiger muskie are one of the most beutiful fish IMO.
My boat is a modified house boat. When I bought it, it had just survived a fire.From the deck up it was destroyed by a grease fire. Below was fine.I gutted it. Took out the bed rooms, and reconfiguered the whole main deck.Going aft to fore is a storage area, down a hallway is a 3/4 head,then a full size galley, dinning area for 12, then the lounge area. The front deck is a 18x30 open uncovered space that cantaleevers out 8 feet so I can beach in shallow water. I love this boat, not only because it can go anywhere I need but also when people ask where can they buy one I can say you can't you have to build one.

2-3 more weeks and i'll have picks of shannandoah smallies up the wazoo.

pound for pound, ain't much more fun to catch than a smallmouth on a fly or ultra lite set up.

Latest posts

Back