Fishing!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No go ahead and talk about tree rat. Oh and this ain't my thread.I'm just in it.
Took the day to go catch fish. Caught 2 17" rainbows and 2 big nasty white fish.
Cut bow is a hybrid of rainbow and cutthroat. They get real big and strong. They will tear you up..

mmm mm mmmm banjobuzz squirrel pepper gravy is very easy. i fry 3 young squirrels. (gotta parboil them old squirrels).

after i fry the meat, i put 4 tablespoons bacon drip'ins in the iron skillet. ( i usually throw 3-4 strips of salt meat in pan if no drip'ins available). on medium heat, i wisk in a quarter cup self rising flour. stir, unil golden. add three quarters cup milk, 1 med minced onion, 1 minced celery stalk, 1 tsp ground black pepper.

you work quickly, wisking your gravy. don't blink, or it'll burn. keep that wisk moving. ( i use a fork ). have all ingredients prepared before adding your flour to the drip'ins, as this is done pretty quickly. (if you burn the gravy, and theres another person eating this, they will never forget it.)

you can salt to your taste. the salt meat is usually enough salt.

drizzle this on some squirrel, and smother the rest over some biscuits, and, mmm mm mmmm, it's soo good...bb...

banjobuzz said:
mmm mm mmmm banjobuzz squirrel pepper gravy is very easy. i fry 3 young squirrels...
Mine is a simple white gravy with lots of black pepper. I usually add some diced squirrel to it to add more flavor since it mostly is used for biscuit topping. Easy to make when camping.

When I was in key west we used to buy some squid bait and go for snapper. I would fillet them on the pier and throw the carcass back for the other fish to eat (that and it will stink like hell in your garbage with all the heat). So in one night I could get a pound or two of fresh snapper. There were cubans there that would want anything I caught lol. We would also have a line out for shark. We would cut off the tail and head of a fish, mount on a large hook with the skin still on (important because the little fish will otherwise consume all of it) with about a 6 foot 2 oz leader and about 20 pound line. fun ****! Thanks for all your fishing stories, I miss the bass and crappie!

going crappie fishing today! hopefully i'll have some pics to post up!

Getting out the rubber worms and going thru them soon, got lots of new/old tackle the other day from dear Dad. Gonna spend some time organizing, cause tomarrow we hit Shasta for some bass. Will be the first fish caught for me this year, hopefully it will be on the new pole. Yip Yip, gonna get to go fishin'!

Fishing for the first time this year, these last two days, after a pretty good storm the week before, we found the lake very muddy (stained fishermen would say). So I opted for a light colored worm on one pole and a minow on the new pole (normal for this lake, minows out fish worms, not these two days). This new pole is long, seven feet I think. I usually use a medium action six footer, this new one is longer and very limber. Wanted to catch a fish on it so bad, I put a minow on it both days. First day, I only caught fish on my rubber worms on the other pole (had to work hard not to be skunked, finally picked up some fish before we left). Second day, we were headed in. I had smoked some and was stoned and dragging my poor minow on the bottom (usually it would be two turns off bottom) my pole with the worm on it in the pole holder. I thot I was dragging my worm. I got a bite and found my pole bent over with no weight on the line. I set the hook and reeled that fish in, shaking my head with the realization I got a fish on my new pole, a virgin no longer. The fish did not make 12 inches but it's head was HUGE compared to it's body. It is pictured below. Almost looks like it could be a large mouth x spotted bass. All the bass we caught were small (small as in around 11-14 inches)and very light in color due to the color of the water.
The duck ate more of my minows the first day than the fish.
My last catch of the day, rock fish. It is not a good idea to drag a minow.;)

rock fish.JPG

drake mp.JPG

weird head spot minnow.JPG

Excellent tcbud. :)

So who wants to go fishing with me next month in Ca? Whoever wins gets MP braggin rights. ;)

Where are we fishing SM? Ocean or Bay? Not sure if I can go. Would love to tho.

I can handle a bay trip. But even if its not on a boat I don't care.

Will you take the fish off the hook for me? Ha ha ha ha ha. :p

I let the Master baiter, bait my hook......(I will hook crickets or crawdads on as bait tho)
I let the Master baiter take the fish off my hook.
I also do NOT cut bait for saltwater.
I tie my own hooks, leaders, and swivels....
dont do fish slime anymore.
I used to grade salmon on a processor in Alaska. I dont do fish slime anymore (I think I am repeating myself). Part of the fishing regs on my vessel, "first mate does not touch slimey fish, first mate does all her nasty jobs at home". I am sure some nice Master baiter will take your catch off SM.

SmokinMom said:
:spit:

So who wants to be Master Baiter for me?

Muahahahhaa. Sorry. :p
too late. i already have..... i mean... I will!

Dr. GreenBrain said:
I'm currently learning how to fly fish. Any tips?

ya dont give up!
I think of learning to fly fish like a gay man being anally raped in Chino prison.
first hundred times isnt any fun till you get better.but after that you start to like it.
sorry i had too.
remember 10 and 12 for your casts.
then 9 for your final cast. im learning how to double haul. it really helps when casting in the wind. personally i use a 9' leader extended with a tippet to 12' when fishing.
i dont know how good you are. i would go to a fly shop and see if you could have them teach ya a cast or 2.
learn a roll cast,side cast.double haul.
see how they cast. some people i know have different techniuqes. some are very technical others can shoot that line like a lazer.
theres alot to learn. just choose a path.. if you can learn to spay cast it will help you later on...
too much info?

Latest posts

Back