Flipping And Starving Ladies For 4 Days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunforhire

Reaction score
I cannot get out of a social commitment coming up in a couple of weeks. This will necessitate me leaving several plants in various stages of flower without food and water for 4 days. They are in 3 gallon coco hempi buckets. I will also be forced to switch the HPS from day time to night time operation. Although with temps and humidity finally rising I would probably have switched the light around anyway. I have a few questions.
When changing light periods is it best to just "go dark' for 24 hours or is it best to change in time increments? How bad will it be to let 3 gallon hempi coco buckets go without nutes and water for at least 4 days? As the plants start to dry does smell increase or decrease? Thanks.

not familure with hemp buckets...but 4 days no water sounds scary to me..is they no one that can look in on them?....when Ive gone camping I set up a garden hose timer to atleast water one time while Im away...I even made one useing a 5 gallon water bottle...Best of luck

:48:

I think it would be best to let them sit in the dark an extra 12 hours rather than 12 extra hours of sun......... night time is when they produce the budding goods......... run a hose from the sink and add some irrigation drip lines to each pot and set it to slow drip.

There ya go, quite a few useful posts. Me, I just get a trusted friend/relative to take care of them whilst I'm away.

trusted friend/family would be good (breaks rule #1, but alas, sometimes we must)

howabout one of those aqua globes? (glass thing you fill with water, then stick in dirt) or you could DIY a plastic bottle.
might not be the best option, but if it's your only one...

Very helpful stuff however I would shut it down before I would break rule #1.

kaotik said:
trusted friend/family would be good (breaks rule #1, but alas, sometimes we must)

howabout one of those aqua globes? (glass thing you fill with water, then stick in dirt) or you could DIY a plastic bottle.
might not be the best option, but if it's your only one...

I wouldn't be growing if it wasn't for family and friends. They're the ones I started growing with, and they (at least most of them) have since retired but still help me out....

If I were only so lucky. My grow must remain 100% stealth from family, friends and law enforcement at least or until the laws of my state change. I love my wife of 35 years dearly but we are both better off with her or any other family member not knowing about my "secret garden". Besides it keeps me sharp.

Yeah turn the lights off for 24hrs to switch theie light cycles, no problem there.

The watering situation is a bit hairyer. All you will have to do is get a digital timer that controls an outlet and a 180gph submersible pump, both from the pet store or aquarium store. Then go to Lowes or Home depot and go to the section where they keep the lawn watering systems. Match up a short section of hose to go from the pump that would sit in a 5 gallon bucket to a dispersal head that has 6-8 outlets. get some small watering line(the black silicone air hose from the aquarium store works ideal for this and is very flexible) that will go from the dispersion head out to each plant. There are also steaks that hold the line in place at the plants. All of this can be got from the aquarium store or the automatic lawn watering systems at HD or lowes. The large 1/2" hose that goes from pump to dispersion head should be no longer than 2' and the small hoses can go as much as 3'. You set the digital timer for the days that you want it to come on and how many times each day and the length of time(I would have them water no longer than 2min, twice a day) You might should test it a couple times to make sure it is watering the right amount each time. With that you should be good to go for 4-5 days. If the 5gal bucket isn't big enough, you can buy an 18gal tote and fill up 2/3 which is 12 gal. :)

Anyway you can run 24 dark and 12 light while you are away?
your plants should be fine on that schedule while you are gone and they should be ok as far as watering goes cuz they aren't in light so much.

gunforhire said:
If I were only so lucky. My grow must remain 100% stealth from family, friends and law enforcement at least or until the laws of my state change. I love my wife of 35 years dearly but we are both better off with her or any other family member not knowing about my "secret garden". Besides it keeps me sharp.
:yeahthat:

I have seen PPL go to jail over friends and family they trusted. PPL do some weird **** when faced with Jail Time Little Brother.;)

wowzers those wouldn't really be friends now would they lol...

Not mine,,cause I dont tell anyone,,including family. Like I said,,MOST PPL facing Prison time will turn on yur *** in a heartbeat.Especially if they have a Wife and Kids they will be leaving behind. I have seen Outlaws turn on Outlaws and Christians turn on each other. Anyway,,to each his own Little Brother. Im glad ya have PPL ya trust with your freedom,,,but I trust nobody,, except my Wife of 27 years,,and She is a bigger Pothead then me.:D

I know nobody that would throw a sedentary cripple under the bus, let alone commit some sort of stupid crime that'd necessitate them to rollover on me.

Anyways bout time for me to leave to go home. My peeps here have a good one. Love the whole bloody lot of yeah. Till next time keep'er lit :stoned:

:peace:

WeedHopper said:
Not mine,,cause I dont tell anyone,,including family. Like I said,,MOST PPL facing Prison time will turn on yur *** in a heartbeat.Especially if they have a Wife and Kids they will be leaving behind. I have seen Outlaws turn on Outlaws and Christians turn on each other. Anyway,,to each his own Little Brother. Im glad ya have PPL ya trust with your freedom,,,but I trust nobody,, except my Wife of 27 years,,and She is a bigger Pothead then me.:D

I knew I liked your wife!:D

Yeah,,Im sure yall would get along real good Rose.

Over water them a bit before you go,they will be okay.They will look underwatered when you return but they will make it.I just had to leave mine without water this past week while on vacation.They were outside in only 1gal pots.They deffinately were screaming for aqua by the time I got home but they were standing proud a few hours after getting watered.JMO

Latest posts

Back