flowering with MH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xeblaro

excellent
Reaction score
hey all...

I had a small incident, and in short, lost my HPS bulb. I'm 3 weeks into flowering, but I have a MH bulb that I use for veg.

I'll be finishing my ladies under the MH because of no other choice. Does anybody have experience with MH for flowering to finish? (im not interested in discussing the difference between bulbs, just potential results between the two)

My biggest worry using an MH for flowering wld be the loss of lumens of lumens....I think as long as you still hit at least 5000 lumens a sqr foot you shld still do fine. Not as well as if you had the HPS going but well none the less. That is just my opinion though...let's see if someone has some direct experience flowering with a MH bulb.

I seen an article in High Times where a guy flowered with MH and T5 and he had really awesome results. . . . but this was in High Times too so. . . . . :confused:

mH works ok for flowering, not as good as hps but it gets the job done.ime

What wattage are we talking about? Why can't you get another HPS?

My last harvest was run with 1 600 HPS and one 600 MH, all the plants did very well, not the best example though as both bulbs were 3 feet apart in the same room.

U will do just fine with the MH. It will take longer than Running an HPS, but u will do fine. Patience is a virtue.

Why do you believe that flowering with a MH will take longer than with a HPS. This is something that I have never heard before....

Glaucoma said:
U will do just fine with the MH. It will take longer than Running an HPS, but u will do fine. Patience is a virtue.

Ive not experienced this, but the MH does a fine job at flowering,
Very little difference.

Latest posts

Back