Fluorescents Touching My Plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JogaBonito521

Reaction score
I couldn't find the answer to this in any of the resource pages... if I'm using fluorescent lights less than an inch close to my plants, is it okay if they touch too? or will this burn the plant?

I agree, just keep em close. I know its kinda a pain because they grow so fast (hopefully) but be patient and give them the light they need

I bought two extra lights to improve the intensity without having the lights be so close. Its just too annoying having to adjust the lights often.

You can keep with an inch or two easily as long you are using cool spectrum floro's. It's actually best. Just keep and eye on them and don't let them touch the leaf or they will burn it. But, even if that did happen it wouldn't be a big deal. Good luck.

I've actually had mind pressed against them for quite a while, and no burns. The 40 watt 4' variety, cool white. YMMV.

ya fluorescents continue to impress me with the coolness of them.. i can literally unscrew mine while it is still on and has been on all day with out it burning my hand.. im sure its not "better" for the plant but until it burns them you could try it? it works for Albrecht haha

Pete

Latest posts

Back