Flushing is important it seems!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryguy2011

Reaction score
Well I just got done smoking a J of my harvest, and I must say that the ashes are very black and it doesnt stay lit. When I washed the harvest plants pots there was a ton of salt build up I ruined nearly !/2 harvest from not flushing. I just switched to coco and hydro, before I hand watered and used pro-mix. Okay so I render flushing is much more important or at least have 20% run-off every watering, and 100% run-off every week or so in coco or soil. I failed to do this and see first hand what happens.

Never grew in coco but I do use soil and don't flush. Never had a problem.

I'll tell you how I do it. I am in coco/hydro and I feed continually as they are in a recirculating top feed system. I will feed throughout veg period but not real heavy. Then at the 3rd week into flower, I dump the rez and rinse it with a little fresh water and dump that. Then I refill with fresh straight water and run the recirculating system constant for 48hrs. Then I dump that and refill with fresh nute solution. I don't change out anything, just add nuted water as needed.(Rez for 4 plants is about 30-40gallons). At 2weeks before harvest, I quit giving nutrients and just add in fresh water and continue to adjust the PH as necessary, by the harvest its just straight water in the rez. When I dry and do a little bit of cure, they taste as smooth as anyone wants them to.

I know that if you don't flush them, you should dry and cure them slowly so that the nute flavor will go away but for me, I can't keep mine long enough for it to properly cure so I found that the little bit of flushing helps a lot. :)

Hammy how in the world do you not get salt build up and black ashes, and deficiencies

I flush the toilet...IMO..only time a flush is needed is if plant in locked out...Mostly cause by salt buildups from synthetic nutes....what line nutes you use?

I was using flora duo, now pureblend pro botanicare.

Latest posts

Back