Flushing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wikkedsun

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone knew what the real story with flushing was? I know everyone says use only water the last week or two to get out all the chemicals so your finished product isnt "chemmy" but then again ive heard that most nutrients no adays dont have as much sodium as they used to have so the chemmy tast is from the curing process. is it only the sodium in nutrients that cause thats taste or is nitrogen or anything else to blame? i also thought and have uised after stoneybud wrote about this issue that to deprive the plants the nutrients its been getting during the final two weeks is foolish. any science behind this debate would be great

Due to the illegal nature of marijuana, there has not been much legitimate scientific study done pertaining to growth. However, IMO, flushing is not always necessary. Times I would recommend a flush is when the plants suffered from nute burn anytime during flowering. There are so many excess nutrients (not one specifically, but all and any nutrients) that can make the smoke god awful even with a month long cure.

If your plant has been generally healthy, I never flush the medium and I get a great, smooth harvest while growing with chem or organic ferts.

True there is not alot of scientific study on this,It will all come on down to YOUR own personal preference on this subject.But I am one, that flushes my plants before harvest.Some will say that its the greatest thing,yeah do it and some will say that it wont make any difference.So if you have acouple plants flush one of them and the other one/s dont flush.Then you can decied for yourself if you like to flush or not.Then come on back and let us know what you found out.Keep it GREEN:hubba:

Latest posts

Back