flushing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulo66

taproot
Reaction score
my plants are four weeks into veg i will be flowering soon when do you flush them they are in soil i plan on flowering for about four weeks.

4 weeks is not enough. The earliest I recommend you flush is in the 8th week.

Dexter

you've got to read what people are asking... I don't really feel that a transitional flush is needed but others like to flush out there medium right before they switch to flowering nutes... i myself like to continue feeding vegging nutes for the first week or two of flowering so it is kind of pointless for me, but if you do flush then it would be done before you change over to flowering nutes.

but you have to flower for a lot longer then 4 weeks.

and what do you mean the earliest you recommend flushing is week 8, week 8 of what flowering, if you are talking about flowering at the end of flowering, flowering in week 8 of a 7-8 week strain is not going to do much... You want to stop feeding 2 weeks or so before you plan to harvest.

I may have mis-interpreted Paulo66's post.
I could only assume that he was growing a 8week (stated) strain and ime very few are finished in that time. Hence why I suggested flushing @ 8 in order to chop @ 9-10 weeks.

btw, whilst we are telling ppl what they have to do. I'd be glad to let you know where you can stick your attitude.

Dexter

My attitude comes from people like you who really have no clue whatsoever but yet love to come to places like this to recommend something that you do not yet understand yourself...

Let's remember that it was you that left some sarcastic smiley when I pointed out that you did not answer the question that the person asked and the answer that you provided basically provided no real information. Don't post things just to post them, if you know the answer, then answer, but if not then just pass by, or even better yet read the thread and you may actually learn something.

There was never anywhere stated in this thread that the poster was growing an 8 week strain. They said in turn that they were not even flowering yet and that they going to flower for 4 weeks ( which is not possible). That is not an 8 week strain, it would be a 4 week strain, as obviously this grower is new to growing they do not know that there is no such thing as a 4 week strain, but reading your post keeping in consideration that they are a newbie...

They said there in week 4 of veg and want to flower for 4 weeks, you said to flush at week 8, not week 8 of flowering but just week 8, that, if you were a newbie would confirm that you can flower for just 4 weeks, which would be 8 in total, but just flush in the 8th week. Like I have said many times before, you have to understand that other people are going to read what you write and trust me it gets confusing when someone has no idea but is giving advice, so if you do not know, just do not comment

thanx for all your information im sorry i caused all this confusion. my strain is called white rhino or white chocholate it takes 9 weeks im am new at this and i was confused on when to harvest .when they say 9 weeks do i let flower for about 9 weeks after 4 weeks of veg or is this a combined time of veg and flower. highly appreciaeted for all the help. new grower

when they say 9 weeks do i let flower for about 9 weeks
Yep!
But know that a "9 week strain" is just an estimate.. it's best to judge when to harvest, by magnifying trichome color. There's a good article about this in the resource section (check the top of the page).

Goodluck! :)

paulo66 said:
thanx for all your information im sorry i caused all this confusion. my strain is called white rhino or white chocholate it takes 9 weeks im am new at this and i was confused on when to harvest .when they say 9 weeks do i let flower for about 9 weeks after 4 weeks of veg or is this a combined time of veg and flower. highly appreciaeted for all the help. new grower

G'Day paulo66, Don't be sorry for nothin'.
I hope I have not killed your plants :D

My attitude comes from people like you who really have no clue whatsoever but yet love to come to places like this to recommend something that you do not yet understand yourself..

People like myself eh Mass!
Honest educated ppl that keep and provide themselves, family and friends in meds. As far as "places" like this go I am only new and wish to contribute and help as much as I can. I have learnt from errors in the past and expect to in the future.
If i have made mistakes on other threads then you may have pointed them out.
I have to question your motives for replying to this thread (bad day at work? out of weed?) ..I don't know why you have such a hard on for me:rolleyes:

Let's remember that it was you that left some sarcastic smiley when I pointed out that you did not answer the question that the person asked and the answer that you provided basically provided no real information. Don't post things just to post them, if you know the answer, then answer, but if not then just pass by, or even better yet read the thread and you may actually learn something.

My memory is fine thankyou:)

If you took my :rolleyes: as sarcastic...bad luck. As far as I was concerened it was a dead issue I thought it would be taken with a grain of salt.

As I said earlier.. I mis-interperated Paulo'66's specific q? but it seems(hence his thanked post) that maybe my post was helpfull regardless of the specific question asked. I figure in this that like me he does not know the definative answer to everything, much like myself.

There was never anywhere stated in this thread that the poster was growing an 8 week strain. They said in turn that they were not even flowering yet and that they going to flower for 4 weeks ( which is not possible). That is not an 8 week strain, it would be a 4 week strain, as obviously this grower is new to growing they do not know that there is no such thing as a 4 week strain, but reading your post keeping in consideration that they are a newbie...

Mass producing parrott?

They said there in week 4 of veg and want to flower for 4 weeks, you said to flush at week 8, not week 8 of flowering but just week 8, that, if you were a newbie would confirm that you can flower for just 4 weeks, which would be 8 in total, but just flush in the 8th week.

Like I have said many times before, you have to understand that other people are going to read what you write and trust me it gets confusing when someone has no idea but is giving advice, so if you do not know, just do not comment
No problem. Your clearly right
My apologies, I failed to read the part in itallics when signing up

I'll be sure to wait until you post a definative answer to all grow related questions in future before responding .
Perhaps my posts being so pointless, I should pass them by your kind self in future:rolleyes:

I'm off for a slash.
Have a good weekend Mass and everyone @ Marijuan Passion
Dexter:48:

Dexter it is simple, paulo was stating that they wanted to flower a strain for 4 weeks and they were in week 4, you said don't flush now flush in week 8. To someone that has no clue that week 8 means the end of flowering, you have just confirmed that they should flower their plant for 4 weeks, flushing at week 8 or the 4th week of flowering... Now if you see no problem with this then, I really do not know what to tell you besides I am glad that you are not helping me.

As for a definative answer, we are not talking about debating when to harvest, or organics vs chemicals or anything else that is really subjective, we are talking about you confirming a newbie's intentions to flower a plant for 4 weeks. Like come on, you see no problem with this, it is just an honest mistake??? It may be an honest mistake to you because you know that you do not flower for 4 weeks, but I am guessing that paulo didn't know this based on their response.

The reason i would take that smiley as sarcastic is umm... because it is called the sarcastic ( roll eyes) smiley. So geez, I guess i was way off base thinking that.

paulo66 said:
my plants are four weeks into veg i will be flowering soon when do you flush them they are in soil i plan on flowering for about four weeks.
Hello Paulo and welcome to Marijuana Passion.

I would like to caution you not to rely too much on your very first crop. This is your learning curve crop and you'll make lots of mistakes while growing it to harvest.

Everyone goes through the same process. The first grow is often looked back on as a "nightmare" of mistakes and learning the hard way.

You'll do good to buy yourself a good grow book, (Barnes and Noble has them in stock and will sell for cash). That book will teach you FAST about the basics and give you an idea of some of the more advanced growing techniques involved with Marijuana growing.

THEN, you use this group to REFINE your knowledge and help you with the bumps and misinterpretations you may have during your learning and growing.

Here's some basic information for you:

You have the Germination cycle, then the seedling cycle, then the vegetative cycle and finally the flowering cycle.

Each of these "cycles" has it's own needs and care that is needed.

The Vegetative cycle can last as long as you want it to, under artificial lighting.

When you do turn your lights to a flowering timing and your nutrients to a flowering mix, then during flowering, your plants will DOUBLE and sometimes even TRIPLE in height during flowering.

This is how you determine when to start flowering. You see how much height you have room to use and start your flowering cycle when your plants are about one third of the over-all height that the plants will be able to get within your specific area.

As "King Bud" said very well, the ESTIMATED time of flowering for your plants is 9 weeks. That means that it could be anywhere from 7 weeks to 14 weeks, depending on your specific growing conditions and the health of your plants.

If you look up and read a few of the "When do I harvest" threads here, you'll discover that harvest time is dependant on the over-all readiness of the plant in regards to Trichome color in the buds all over the plant.

As for "Flushing", hehe, you'll find as many answers to this as there are members. My personal opinion is that flushing is NEVER needed UNLESS you have a toxic buildup of salts in your grow media. Then and ONLY then, flushing will bring the media back to a good level that won't affect the plants growth.

Good luck to you man. Please don't see the bickering between members in this thread as a standard. It's not. Like with any family, ours has it's moments of discord.:eek:

Once again, welcome to the group. If you have a thread that you'd like me to look at for you, just PM me with a link to the thread and I'll check it out.

Stoney.

POTUS said:
As for "Flushing", hehe, you'll find as many answers to this as there are members. My personal opinion is that flushing is NEVER needed UNLESS you have a toxic buildup of salts in your grow media. Then and ONLY then, flushing will bring the media back to a good level that won't affect the plants growth.

Stoney.

I wasnt going to chime in on this one but it is also my opinion that flushing is a myth.

I have grown the same strain multiple times with little to no flushing, everyone who have tasted my buds say they are the best they have ever tasted, nothing about flushing is ever mentioned.

My buds are cured in sealed jars for 1-6 months, burn clean and smooth.

back to flushing.i have never ever flushed a plant and have had great results.i see no sense in flushing unless you are having nute problems.jmo

I flushed with chems....but like other peeps said to curb the excessive slat build-up that happens at the end.
but since i switch organic...flushing would defeat the purpose of what i'm doing. It's actually counter productive.

Latest posts

Back