foliage feeding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssjric

Reaction score
I just transplanted my plants into 10" pots using soil and started them on a 12/12 using a 600 watt sodium. I flushed my plants out yesterday before as well. I am using CNS17 Grow and ripe. A 50/50 mix right now that I am spraying on them. I only foliage feed while lights and fans are on. How often should I foliage feed?

A light mist would be fine when the lights first come on. but since your 12/12 now I would be careful when you see buds start to form. could cause bud rot down the road.
JMO a 10'' pot is a bit small for plants going to flowering, but im sure it will be fine long as it dont get root bound.

How much soil does a 10" pot hold? I like a minimum of 3gl for flowering and that is if I have only vegged for a short time (4 weeks or so)

I also don't foliar feed unless my plant is showing deficient and I need a quick fix. The advice above about bud rot, and pwdery mildew is solid...moisture and flowers don't mix well. Why not just feed the soil?

I do feed the soil and use plain r/o water to spray the plants to keep them clean. No buds yet since its only been a day since starting my 12/12. I just took the plants out of 6 inch pots and the roots where not to bad when I transplanted them.

Yo Ho ssjric,

The guys are right on the money dude, I also would echo what is said about using three gallon containers with a short veg run, and the flowering. During veg misting is great, and you will be able to continue for awhile, but as they said to you misting when you have bud formed, and growing is not so good.
I know that it rains out in nature, but the dynamics have all been altered since you are indoors. Also the outdoors dries up her stuff fairly quick with evaporation and the wonderful breezes. Still I won't spray during bud cause sometimes the bud rot can start in the middle of the bud and you won't get a clue until your really well seasoned into growing , and sad to say your own experience with rot will teach you, and you will become an A student when you watch yourself throw bud that you sweated over away.

Good luck in your flowering, please do throw us some pics to torture ourselves over huh ?

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

well there's nothing wrong in spraying down your leaves, but I'd be careful once buds set in.

Yea, I think I'm going to lay off spraying them. I think I saw some white mold growing on a couple leaves. I just wiped it off.

sjric,

Be careful, that "white mold" could be Powdery Mildew - wiping it off is only making some of those mildew spores air-born and can spread the disease.

I agree w/ not foliar feeding also. Very few nutrients are effectively applied through the leaves - even then the % is very low compared to root uptake in Marijuana. The only reason my ladies get sprayed is if I'm raising leaf surface pH to battle the Powdery Mildew or for insects.

Any remedies for getting rid of this white powder mildew! haha Theres just a little bit on a couple of plants...

ssjric said:
Any remedies for getting rid of this white powder mildew! haha Theres just a little bit on a couple of plants...

That 'little bit' can become a whole lot real quick.:holysheep:

Misting/foliar feeding will just spread it faster.

Perhaps you should think about going back to 18/6 since you've only been 12/12 a couple of days and bring out the big guns to knock out the mold.

The really big guns aren't anything you would want anywhere near buds. The stuff that is only 1 or 2 drops/gallon.

Something to think about. Do a search, there are a ton of threads on mildew/mold.

Whatever you use, apply it just before lights out and keep a fan going, otherwise you can really toast your plants.

DD

I agree with Droopy...If it were my grow I'd flip them back and get it under control!

Latest posts

Back