Forbid, Floramite, Avid for clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
I discovered the Borg in my grow, which is only two half-grown clones so I cannot **** a brick about unloading them. People who use these miticides, how long do I wait after potting new clones to dose them with one of the above? Do you wipe/spray the room surfaces with the poison after bleaching? TIA.

It really don't matter at what stage early on your gonna spray them. What matters is that you spray all your vegging plants and any flowering plants less than end of week 2. If you have them on one, more on another is not far away.

When plants are smaller i find it easier to control mites cause you can soak the whole plant easily, Safers end-all has worked great on clones and smaller vegging plants for me, its cheap and organic, and home depot sells it, jmo.

Safer's did not work for me, but you may want to try it if the infestation is not bad. I agree on dunking the clones if at all possible. I have used Forbid and Floramite, but not Avid. I like Forbid better. You can buy smaller quantities of these products on e-bay.

I use EAch one of those you listed at one time or another. I will spray my clones only a couple of days after transplanting. No worries after that

:aok: Props for the replies. I shall be buying all three from eBay but I wasn't certain if it was safe to dunk the clones before potting them.

Fergot to ask: do you still do the "dose them again before the larvae hatch" 5 days later with these pesticides? Do they kill the larvae as well with the first dip?

there systemic(floramite at least) for up to 28 days.......once when they are young and once going into flower and you should be good to go!

I seen something called Liquid Ladybug. Anybody know anything about it?

discount-hydro.com/liquid-lady-bug/

I think Rosebud likes it. I was thinking of spraying with it after the dip.

Kushluvr said:
there systemic(floramite at least) for up to 28 days.......once when they are young and once going into flower and you should be good to go!
Perfect. I'll likely use Floramite for the first dip and Avid for the second.

dont clean your room with these chemicals, they are meant for the plant only, just use bleach for the room.

I have used end-all 3 times, once on mature plants and it did not work, twice on infected clones and it worked great, i would use it again on babies but not on mature plants.

Dman1234 said:
dont clean your room with these chemicals, they are meant for the plant only, just use bleach for the room.

I have used end-all 3 times, once on mature plants and it did not work, twice on infected clones and it worked great, i would use it again on babies but not on mature plants.
I am glad you said that because I was thinking of spraying the walls with them. :hitchair:

I wish I could remember who uploaded this chart comparing pesticides:

spidermites1.jpg

nouvellechef if he comes by can tell you why, but he explained to be awhile ago why using these on the walls of the room is pointless. hit the plant and then again a few weeks later, using two different kinds is wise, these things can become immune to one kind and develop into a super mite, not something you wanna deal with, GL.

they dont work unless the mite...bites:aok:...so spraying the walls would only create a mess...I know I spray everything....and have these weapons at the ready...I dont dunk and then spray with somthing else...I use one weapon at a time...remember the borge addapts/ammune (sp)...so mix the weapons up..Best of my mojo

Go Get them Bashtards:hitchair:

:48:

So the Liquid Lady not been used much. Sure seems like a better deal.

I have found Forbid to work better than Floramite (which is not a systemic, by the way). In fact, none of these are systemics, which is why it is important to make sure that you coat both the tops and bottoms of the leaves. I recommend a good quality pump-up sprayer. I did any plants small enough to dip.

WeedHopper said:
I seen something called Liquid Ladybug. Anybody know anything about it?

I tried the stuff..seems I wasted my 35 bucks....I think that they just held there little noses till the stink went away!!!

The wife let me turn 300 ladie bugs loose and then i used Azamax mixed in the res. seem to be gone no new damage

don't waste you money:48: !!

Latest posts

Back