Forcing flower to determine gender

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UseryP@ss

Reaction score
Plants are all 4 weeks old from seed today since sticking there heads up outta the soil, 2 skunk#1's and 2 SOL adv. mix seeds and 1 bag seed plant which Iam not to concerned with but hey if it's female then it stays, The Skunks are small bushy plants real small and on there 7th node, nodes are tight. Anyways here's the deal all plants are in a Rubbermaid tub 33 litres I believe (have to check) that I constructed a few years ago for growing from veg. to harvest and I have done 2 grows-- successful ones as well using all fluorescents, I have 2 Flourex 65 watt lights on top (130 watts 4,567 of lumens for each one) of the lid of the Rubbermaid which I cut holes so the lights could shine in and the ballasts is on top of lid and not in the box, 4 light sockets on each side for additional fluoro's I use some splitters as well for more bulbs to use had 400 watts of floro's in there have 1 50 cfm cpu fan on top off lid between the 2 big lights a small fan inside blowing under the lights, and 3 pvc pipe fitting's put in the lowest point of the box with 2 cpu fans connected to the pipes for forced air intake, but I am not using them now air is getting in without them, until it get's a little warmer then I'll probably switch'em on. Anyways my height is restricted so my last 2 grows I "LST'ed" them all and without topping I got 17-20 tops on my 2 plants. I got 3 1/2 ozs in this box. Black Gold All Organic soil with lots of perlite is always used--good soil!

Ok back to the Present,I have them in 1 gallon pots right now at 4 weeks old and Iam only have space for 2 female plants, pots I use are not pot's there like wide bins rubber maid type white in color bought'em at wal-mart drilled holes at bottom and on the rim and installed screws for anchors for "LST" 2 of these fit in the grow box there both 4-gallon in size, so today I switched to 12-12 light schedule to determine sex, once identfied they will go back to veg. for week then the 2 females will transplanted to the final home, and veg another week. I never forced gender before just wanted to know if this will ok to force them to show sex and go back to veg. and transplant then veg a little longer then flower to harvest? Thanks for all your help.

Since I grow in my shed that has no A/C my grow season is Nov. to late April early May, as I live in the desert and it gets 110 degrees in the day and 105 degrees all night in the spring and summer, just thought I throw that at ya growers. Anyone in a hot climate like mine out there? Thanks

i just wanna know how it is so hot in the desert at night i thought it got cold.

Ya man you must have not read my thread right I said the Summer months not fricken winter, And it does get cold day and night in the winter, it fricken snowed this winter like 2 in. But please I need to know about the force sexing of plants.

I think someone has **** in their pants and has to go change them. It is getting stinky , I'm outta here!

UseryP@ss said:
Ya but Iam doing it this way, anyone else have some input?

"I" thought that post/link covered it pretty well.
If you force flower.. then reveg..then reflower..it stress's/confuses hell outta' the plants, extends the growing time and likely affects final yilds and potency to "some" extent.

Latest posts

Back