Found 30+ plants in forest!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJBlue22

FirstTimeGrower
Reaction score
I was wondering through this forest lookin for some nice soil to start a small little garden when I noticed a small little pot plant at the corner of my eye...

I examined it closely and I was like "Oh spit!" and I turned around and I noticed even more growing I wondered around the small little trail back there that was formed years ago and a little off the trail, just counting these plants and their are EDITmore than 30, possibly up to the 50's and maybe even up and beyond!

But I was so EDIToccupied with these plants that i dug up 5 of them 'carefully' and brought them back to my place to finish them off with a better enviroment. These babies are only about 2 or 3 weeks old maybe, I could take a picture of them but my primary question...

IS THERE SUCH A THING AS 'DITCH WEED'? Ive heard many rumors that plants that grow on their own (like an infestation of pot plants) are really shitty and harsh smoke and ****. So would it matter if these plants are growing in their mother enviroment ON THEIR OWN, will they be just regular plants or dirty crap.

EDITED for language..Please refrain

Could somebody help me out? Give me your best judgement.

Take a picture. Were they getting any sun in the trees?

id say.. be carefull.. if theres 50 plants growing somewhere then someone is prolly grown um... i doubt they would like finding someone walkn around and taking there plants... but i donno about tha ditch weed thing.. never heard that b4

No their definently not somebody elses plants. I mean, like there is nothing back there NOTHING, just woods. They arent growing in paterns and they grow in places that nobody would ever plant stuff. Their growing EVERYWHERE! Like I mean infestation! I will take a video sometime while I'm in those wooods and just walk by a couple.

And yes they were getting plenty of sun because the trees dont block it much. It's a very 'patchy' woods. Plenty sun.

They are growing on their own too? Like they just grew back right at the last frost of the year.

Heres some pictures of ONE of them that I took out of the woods (it looked the healthiest)

I put it in a pot for better soil, nutrients, etc.

DSCN1060.JPG

DSCN1063.JPG

FSCN0364.JPG

id leave um alone... when they bud... id pick um... hell might as well just let them do there thing

I know, and I've never grown before, thats why I took a few for practice. Dude theres so much back there its unbelievable, but I want to know if I have to take them out of their current environment and give them some more nutrients. But I guess if they're growing right now its working! lol. They're habitat must be elite.

But wow, right now I cant help but 'counting my chickens before they hatch' because I'm fricking drooling over myself. Because when these things grow to the fullest... I'm gone be rich as hell! lol just got to wait and see. My estimate is that they will be done somehwere around August.

Because they probably started around march 15?, can someone give me an estimate on...
1. When I will be able to decipher male to female.
2. When they will start theyre flowering.
3. When they will be done.

I'm a super newb to this so give me your most EDUCATED guess.

1. If there are as many as you say and they are dispersed throughout the woods, I wouldn't even bother going plant to plant to plant and trying to kill all the males. Your chances are good that you're going to miss one somewhere and still get seeds. Just let them do their thing.

2. Who knows. No idea of the strain or if it's an indica type or sativa type. (Their flowering times differ by a matter of weeks)

3. Again, you can't say for sure. You'll have to watch them closely when it starts getting around august to see where they're at. Look at the trichomes on the plants to tell when to harvest.

4. Start reading everything you can on growing techniques. This forum has much to offer.

Yeah I know, but do you think this plant will be usable? sellable? Because theres so much out there! But either way could you give me your best bet on how quickly I would be able to tell male from female, because I'm NOT planning on killing all the males. I keep them. But I want to start making small personal marks on where the females are and where the males are. (but obviously not TOO obvious marks)

What is the earliest it could flower, and the latest it could start to flower.

Again I dont know anything give me an EDUCATED GUESS, I'm just looking for some reference

JJBlue22 said:
No their definently not somebody elses plants. I mean, like there is nothing back there NOTHING, just woods. They arent growing in paterns and they grow in places that nobody would ever plant stuff. .

That is how guerilla growers do it. Be careful! You don't want to end up on the wrong end of a shotgun.

AlienBait said:
That is how guerilla growers do it. Be careful! You don't want to end up on the wrong end of a shotgun.

If you seen this setup you would understand. These woods run along the backs of peoples houses, but its all fenced out. Its nobodys property and nobody would sure as hell own it ALL. When I make a video on a tour through those woods you will understand.

AND

how old does this plant look? (guess)

guerilla growers don't need to own the land. That's why they're called guerilla growers. They plant in other people's land or areas they think people won't be. If a crop is discovered by police they won't bechecking up on them time to time. linked to it because they probably don't live anywhere close by. They grow on other people's land or behind their houses so that they wont be associated if a bust occurs.

I dont think those are pot plants bro , those look like plants in missouri that grow i think they are really just a comon weed

Dude that is not real weed and will not get you high. The stuff you are talking about i can find in my backyard and anyone else's yard on my street. Notice how the tips of the leaves are round and not pointy. ;) Trust me dude give it up and toss it all away and plant some real seeds. EDIT: erichs beat me to it. :)

Thats not MJ. Sorry but like the TBG said don't waste your time. Just let them grow in their natural eviroment and if they are what you think than prove us wrong. We are not trying to rain on your parade but be careful.

ya I was gonna say... the growth pattern doesn't look like pot and the leaf tips are rounded, not pointed... There's lots of look alikes out there! I've been mistaken myself a couple times.

lol that sucks man. when i first started reading your post i got very interested till i seen pics. wish they were some real herb tho! sorry for your luck.

LMAO, that aint the chronic buddy. You got all exited over a bunch of weeds. I have never saw any MJ plants grow like that at all. The leaves look too round and Marijuana plants will typically have a few main stems, not all branchy like whatever you have in those pics. That explains why they were growing so randomly. Sorry for the heart break:cry:

Wow what a mood-killer! lmfao. Actually when you say this is a look-alike...

It's exactly what I'm talking about when I said 'Ditch-Weed'! Just random weed that looks like mj, but aint JACK SPIT! Which is why I came here, but you never know... Only time will tell if its real or not, I will assume NOT.

(PS. Iwish people who posted first would have noticed that they werent real, Ive never grown before so hell, How am I supposed to know?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back