Found a SEED!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Havingfun

Reaction score
Ok so wife was smoking some of the wonderwoman. This is a fem strain from Nirvana. Questions? Did this plant start to herm? Should I try growing this seed or is it going to throw more seen if I grow it? :eek:

I dont plant seeds anymore to just plant. If it is going to be a hermie why waste my time.

Was there other plants in the tent with her? Did you have any plants that you vegged that turned out to be male? If so how far along did you veg them? I honestly don't lose any sleep at all over a bean or two in some buds. As long as you are not getting heavily seeded bud the potency should not be affected. I don't run from seed much anymore, usually clone, so I don't pop any beans I find in my buds. If I did though, I would watch them like a hawk. jmo

No all the plants were Nirvana Fem seeds. Out of 5 plants so far only one seed found. Wife said the plant that has the seed is very good lock on the couch. So no problem there.

I wouldnt worry a seed..as long as There is a lot of them..what did this seed look like?...was it viable ya think? cause that would tell ya when it was made..could have a stray pollen like Hampster was saying..
:48:

Not sure what you are asking. It looks like a seed I get from Nirvana.

I wouldn't grow any seeds from femmed plants unless I knew absolutely sure that it was pollenated by a male. It is better than 50% chance that it is a herm seed. I wouldn't waste my time with it if I have good plants to take clones from. JMHO :)

Havingfun said:
Should I try to grow it or not bother?

Unless you are hard up for beans and have the time to watch it from seed to harvest, like a hawk, then put it in the bin. I have taken a sample branch of my Satori that broke while pulling it out of the tent and there was one mature bean and one premature. They both went in the garbage. I have a bunch of beans I have bought and been gifted over the years, I don't need to take chances with unknown ans possibly Hermie genetics. it happens, especially using Fem beans. Sometimes you can get a hidden nanner or two which will produce a handful of beans at best. No biggie in my book. Unless I was breeding and looking for a rock star I don't sweat it. Heavily seeded bud you will lose potency, a couple beans here and there, no biggie. If you planned on keeping the strain I would keep an eye out in the future just to see if it hermies. For all you know some male that you thought you caught in time released a little pollen and one of your ladies got some love from it. :hubba:

In all the years I have been growing Satori and as much as I have put the strain through over the years, I have never pulled a stray seed from her. One of the reasons I like her--stable and easy to grow.

The Hemp Goddess said:
In all the years I have been growing Satori and as much as I have put the strain through over the years, I have never pulled a stray seed from her. One of the reasons I like her--stable and easy to grow.

I think it is most likely the males I had early on. They could easily have released a little pollen when they were young and I could have transferred it over to her. Since my males were Larry OG I believe, I might want to hang onto any other beans I find. Satori x Larry OG would be interesting for sure. :hubba:

Man that would be nice Hammy. Do it Bro,,do it.

I have been thinking the about this since I found 3-5 seeds in all my plants. I think the GSC that a friend got out of a bag seed I grew for her that hermied on me had to be the problem. I guess I did not get rid of it fast enough.

So I have seeds that are.
GSC x Super Skunk
GSC x Wonderwoman
GSC x Jock Horror
GSC x Haze 1

The problem there is that one side hermied and put out viable pollen which will bring the hermie trait to the offspring when you pop them. Now being that they are crossed with different plants (if they are not femmed offspring) the herm trait may get buried enough to not show up in those plants. If any of the parent plants are femmed you will have a very high chance of producing herm plants that will throw viable pollen, which isn't good at all.

I would say: pop seeds from each strain (that isn't a femmed strain) one at a time and carry it out to see if it herms or not. Get a few cuttings of it (or them) and keep until you know that the plant goes all the way to finish without hermy popping up. If it pops then toss it and the clones and start over with the next strain. :)

All the plants other then the GSC were Fem seeds from Nirvana.

Personally there is no way that I would grow those out. The chances for a hermie are just too great. IMO, quality genetics are just too inexpensive to trust my entire crop to not hermie if I KNOW that I am using seeds that were almost certainly a result of a hermie. also the work involved....doing one at a time, checking it out closely a couple of times a day. I don't know about others advocating "trying" these seeds, but I am guessing that they have never had an entire grow destroyed by a single hermie plant.

I say throw them in the trash and if you want those crosses to get on your computer and order a few seeds and make those crosses the old-fashioned way, with a male and a female.

Thanks THG Yes not worried about have that cross. I am not going to bother growing them out.

Latest posts

Back