Fox Farms Nutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KissinStars

Reaction score
I just planted my sprouted babies under the soil about 4 or 5 days ago and they have grown about 3 inches above soil so far I am using fluros which ive been maintaining a 24/7 light schedule about 2 inches away from the top of the plants they are growing well however i would like to add nutes to it in a few days im looking on fox farms for what I need but im not sure what to start with. From what Ive been told and read I need a good 20-20-20 mix for the 4 weeks of veg. Can anyone tell me what I need for the entire process from veg to harvest. Thanks much :eek:

KissinStars said:
I just planted my sprouted babies under the soil about 4 or 5 days ago and they have grown about 3 inches above soil so far I am using fluros which ive been maintaining a 24/7 light schedule about 2 inches away from the top of the plants they are growing well however i would like to add nutes to it in a few days im looking on fox farms for what I need but im not sure what to start with. From what Ive been told and read I need a good 20-20-20 mix for the 4 weeks of veg. Can anyone tell me what I need for the entire process from veg to harvest. Thanks much :eek:

I'm new, but I use FF everything. If you go to FF's website and select FEEDING SCHEDULES on the left, it'll give you a table. I just had a FF question a bit ago and Phatpharmer rescued me. The thread title was Question for Fox Farmers.
These guys here are very clever with nutes and everything green--listen to them as they respond and you'll be fine. And good luck.

Thanks I bought the three pack of Big Grow , Tiger Bloom, and Big Bloom I hope that'll do it! This Site is amazing The help is phenomenal!

While in vedge the Grow Big is what you use. I also use the line of Fox Farms products. Did you use the Fox Farm soil? Any good soil will keep your seedlings in good shape without food for about four weeks. Then start feeding. I start with a quarter the amount it says on the back of the bottle and then more as the plants get bigger, untill full dose is acheived. The other products are for when the plants are in flower. I like Fox Farm products and all but the Tiger Bloom are organic, from what I have read.

You don't need much if any nutes at this point. You don't need much watering either to be honest. Follow the feeding schedule you can find online like KissinStars said and you'll be pretty good.

KissinStars, for my last grow I used the complete line of FF fertilizers, I used the three that you mentioned, plus Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, and Cha Ching. It worked out quite well. However, one guy on this site used only the three that you're using with reasonable results.

No matter what fertilizers you choose to use, and what feeding schedule you go by, please make sure to do yourself a favor and adjust the pH of the solution that you water with within the proper pH range. I like the watering solution pH to be between 6.2 and 6.4. If the soil is properly buffered (FFOF soil is properly buffered), then watering as described above should maintain a proper soil pH. A good range for soil pH is about 6.5-6.8.

You will find a good digital pH meter to be very helpful in measuring solution pH. Most meters, however, aren't designed for testing soil pH. There are ways of testing soil pH indirectly, but don't use the average pH meter directly in soil.

Bombbudpuffa ( a respectable grower) tests the pH of the water that he's feeding with, but doesn't mess around with measuring soil pH. I followed his advice and had no problem. So, as I said before, if the soil is designed to maintain pH at a certain, proper range, then testing soil pH might not be necessary. FFOF soil pretty much does that for you. I like to add a tablespoon of dolomite lime per gallon of FFOF soil in order to provide magnesium. Plus, I believe that the lime might also help buffer the pH as well. If using FFOF soil, the dolomite lime isn't absolutely necessary, but is recommended by some of our most experienced growers.

Good luck.

Don't be afraid to hit 'em with some Big Bloom during your veg stage either, good stuff.

fat nugs with the flowering nutes. all good stuff so far for me. and dude i have never tested the ph of my soil using ff and have never burned my babies. they are fat and juicy and i even over nute a bit with great results, but thats just my soil and the distilled water, and the fact fox farm is pretty darn close to the perfect ph
In all, great stuff. use them all.

KissinStars, you might not need to check the soil pH, but don't underestimate the importance of proper watering solution pH. Soil pH is very important, but if you're using FFOF soil, or another good quality soil that is designed to maintain proper pH, you should be fine as long as the watering solution pH is good. Proper pH is VERY important.

Plant is 4 or 5 days old????? let that baby go another week or 2 before giving nutes..... she is way too fragile at this point to handle ramping her up. Seedlings at this age have enough stored energy from the seed to last at least a couple weeks.

Be VERY diligent about your wet/dry cycle though.... Don't let her go too long dry.

Only thing I might add at this point would be something like Liquid Karma.... not really a Nute, but has additives that will help nutrient uptake.

I actually forgot to mention that I've used Fox Farms tri-pack in soil and it worked very well. I would very much suggest a booster of some sort to help pack on the wait, but the buds were incredible. FF makes a line of boosters you can use. Plus if you google "fox farms feeding chart" they'll give you exact proportions per gallon of what to give your plants when for all the nutrients they have. You should look it up before you make any purchases, may help you decided which ones you think will be worth investing in. I suggest putting the money in for the nutes, even with the worst genetics what you spend comes back to you ten fold in smoke :)

Latest posts

Back