Foxtailing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackinthebox

Reaction score
seems like foxtailing in getting more and more. so what are some tips on what to do when the foxtails come along. things like any advice on fertilizering, watering, lighting, letting em grow longer till the cones turn 1/4 amber still or any other advice on foxtailing plants?

what is the flower time on these?...you mentioned in another thread mexican weed...do we know the time?

I don't do anything special when I have ladies who fox tail on me. I just accept it as growth characteristics and treat the plant like all the others. I only see it on hybrid strains that lean quite a bit Sativa. Not saying it can't or won't happen to Indicas but I have not ever seen it.

ok the mother was some mexican smoke seeds, bricked and way way too dry but they sproted and grew like mad. she was in like the 4the week of buddin when the lower branches were cut to clone. clones were cut that had a bud on it. actual flower bud on them. they sproted and grew like mad/ started aug 14. grew to about a foot high under t5 4bulb unit. was dark green bushy and big strong leaves . ran on 1k hps 20hours a day for like 6weeks till over 3ft hi. then they were trimmed of the lower leaves and shoots. then a week later changed to 12/12 1k hps arround mid oct.
2months after startin clones. arround the end of nov they was flowering nice with pistils full of trichromes and some sugar on the top leaves. then the buds or flowers kinda wilted slightly and these new groths started all over the top colas. not really branches but more vine like. then in a week or so they were several inches long with short leavves and started flower growth on them. so about the first week of dec I cut fert them and went to srtaight water for a week and a half. by now the lower flowers were alittle less than half red hairs so I harvested them. the last couple weeks there was also tons of lil seed pods growing everywhere on the colas. '
I cut several open when harvested and there was no sign of any seeds growing in them. they dried in like 3 days enough to glass jar them. so in a month or so Ill try some and let you guys know how it smokes .
maybe some mutant from clonein a full budding lower branch. but the orginial moms smoke wonderful!! potent nice flavor.
also durring growth many of the leaves were very odd. lots of single leaf and tripple leaf type leaves. and some not very saw bladed edged at all. so from the getgo they were kinda weirdos hahaha total growing time was like 4 1/2 months.

I seen weed do that once,, and it Hermied.

Latest posts

Back