Funny bird...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaraRose

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone really remembers me..I started posting here a few months ago and then life got crazy and I haven't had time.

Anyway I have had parrots for a long time...usually I get the wack-job head cases that no one else can handle because I think it's really satifying to rehab them and see them come out of their shell and be a bird again. The last rescue I had, a bluefront amazon named Tequila (she was 5 and I was her 7th home), recently passed away...she had been fighting an infection for a few months that finally took her life on July 16th :( I miss her more than I could even tell you :(

Well, I recently came across another bird that needed a home badly...a 1 year old goffins cockatoo. I am his 4th home already :( He definitely has some issues, but he is the neatest little bird. He's been here a week and he's really starting to give me a taste of his vocabulary...I just had to share what happened tonight..

I was standing by the window roastin one like I do every night, and all of a sudden he starts coughing. I couldnt tell if it was a real cough or an immitation of a cough, but soon after he let out a HUGE breath and said "thats bomb!" :holysheep: I couldn't believe it!! It must be fate! :D

Awesome TaraRose! Looks like you two will make a great connection. :48:

looks like you n the bird gotta long standing relationship now.....

now all ya got to do
is grow a plant or two.
and i'm a poet
and don't even knowit

welcome to the forum more than glad to have ya :) Lotsa cool peeps hangin around ;)

This reminds me of a jaybird my grandparents use to have, i remember when i was a child say about 7 or 8 i was staying with my grandparents for the weekend, the bird was always vocabular and it used to talk away merrily in the background, i was sitting in the living room eating breakfast one morning and the jaybird said....here comes the vicar again, take your knickers off Doris (Doris was my grandmothers name) to this day i still have an odd picture in my mind wondering what my grandparents used to get upto and asking the vicar to visit LMAO.

Hippy

HippyInEngland said:
here comes the vicar again, take your knickers off Doris

I'm hoping the bird tied two separate remembrances together. One of the vicar routinely visiting and another of two lovers.

Otherwise, it just gets confusing...and just a little twisted.

Tara, sorry to hear about Tequila :( ...sounds like she had a wonderful home with you! Also sounds like you and the new cockatoo are going to do just fine!! :)

my wife and I had a good laugh.

We always wanted to get a Bird IE: african grey, amazons, cocatoos
to go along with the dog, snake, fish.

Now all you have to teach the bird is.. "HOLD IT IN" " pack another "

I love my birdies they are great entertainment when you're blazed LOL They are sure a lot of work but I don't mind a minute of it!

This new one (Goofy) sure does get up early, though. He woke up promptly at 6:45 and made it known pretty quick he was ready to be awake and playing for the day! My other bird is pissed...he is still sitting on his bedtime perch saying "ready to go to bed? Night night..." LOL

^^Welcome to the forum :bongin: :cool: Are your birds kept in cages or just free to do their thing?

Stoney Bud said:
I'm hoping the bird tied two separate remembrances together. One of the vicar routinely visiting and another of two lovers.

Otherwise, it just gets confusing...and just a little twisted.

LOL

Well my goffins has a few issues..for some reason he's terrified of people and wont let me near him or leave him cage. But my quaker is the boss of the house..his wings are clipped but he's got free range of the playgym and his cage and wherever else he can get to. He routinely divebombs the cats and throws things at them whenever he gets the chance..thankfully my cats could care less about him and usually just run away LOL

hey TR thats great! lol, and i can well beleive it. Must wonder who it belonged to before huh.

Well by the sound of it your new bird likes nothing more than for you to burn a fat one in the same room on occasion ;) might calm it down a bit lol :rofl:

Latest posts

Back