G-13 questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonedwoodsman

Yes I Cannabis
Reaction score
High Group!
I've got a bunch of beautiful G-13's flowering, BUT I cannot find anything online, as to how long they take for their full flowering time.
Does anyone know how long?
I've found that they are mostly Indica, and they started into flowering on 8/1.

Also, I've read the article by TGA Subcool on Flowering, and he usually goes by the colors of the trichomes, as opposed to the pistil color.

WHAT do You all do, to tell when a plant is ready to harvest?

Thanks in advance!

StonedWoodsman :icon_smile:

We check trichomes around here. If you want an up heady more energetic stone you take then cloudy and clear, if you want to be stoned on the couch unable to move you take them amber... So depends on what you are looking for. And any thing inbetween works too.

edit: aw you beat me to it while I was typing, Rose....lol....

Check the trichomes with a 30x -100x microscope. Most ppl aim for all clouded with some amber, but it's mostly a personal preference.

When I have new-to-me strain, I will harvest a sample through it's suggested bloom window (say if you have a 10 week bloomer).I'd take one at 8 weeks, 9, 10 and then obviously at harvest, making sure never to let the trichs go to black/degraded.

Mainly because going by some suggested arbitrary mix of trichs will not tell YOU how YOUR body is effected by that mix. You have to decide what works best for you.

One thing to do is never pull it early, pistils don't mean anything. They can shrivel up for many more reasons then just being ripe.

:peace: n' mojo

Its not really a debate, trichs are the only way you can check if its time to cut.

NEVER use the breeders "flower times" at face value, thats their time with their, usualy beastly setup with top of the line everything and a crew of people tending and nurturing them girls. use their flower time as a guide line and just check the trichs every few days or so after about week 7 or so and pick out the kinda high you want. XD

and if i went by pistils i probably would have cut many plants at 6-7 weeks, 2-3 weeks too early. jmo

Latest posts

Back