Ganja Coconut Oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erbal

Cheeky Green Monster
Reaction score
A good alternative to butter is using coconut oil. Using it for your brownies will not only add a nice coconut flavor, but will actually make healthier brownies since the fats in coconut oil are processed differently than the fats in dairy, so if you are watching your weight, but want to eat ganja, this is a great way to go.

What you will need.

A crock pot - you can do this on the stove, but requires more attention.
Water
Coconut oil
A strainer - Pantyhose works great
Trimmings

First, put in your trimmings. You then want to add the amount of water equal to 2x-3x your volume in trimmings. (i.e. you add 1 cup of trimmings, add about 2-3 cups of water.)

Heat this up and let it sit for about 20 minutes before adding the coconut oil. Again, you want to add as much oil as you did water.

I let this sit over night, stirring occasionally.

From here you want to strain out your trimmings from the oil/water mix. As soon as you do, put the oil/water mix into the fridge and let cool off and separate.

After it is done cooling, you should have the water resting on the bottom and the oil cooled and hardened on the top. I just poke a hole along the edge and drain the water out.

Do not be surprised if the coconut oil loses the green look when it cools down, it will come back when you warm it up. This makes it easy to store in plane sight as well, since it still looks natural. After it is done cooling in the fridge, you can pop it back in the jar and stick it in the cupboard, no need to keep it refrigerated.

Awesome, let me know what you think!

Erbal said:
A good alternative to butter is using coconut oil. Using it for your brownies will not only add a nice coconut flavor, but will actually make healthier brownies since the fats in coconut oil are processed differently than the fats in dairy, so if you are watching your weight, but want to eat ganja, this is a great way to go.

What you will need.

A crock pot - you can do this on the stove, but requires more attention.
Water
Coconut oil
A strainer - Pantyhose works great
Trimmings

First, put in your trimmings. You then want to add the amount of water equal to 2x-3x your volume in trimmings. (i.e. you add 1 cup of trimmings, add about 2-3 cups of water.)

Heat this up and let it sit for about 20 minutes before adding the coconut oil. Again, you want to add as much oil as you did water.

I let this sit over night, stirring occasionally.

From here you want to strain out your trimmings from the oil/water mix. As soon as you do, put the oil/water mix into the fridge and let cool off and separate.

After it is done cooling, you should have the water resting on the bottom and the oil cooled and hardened on the top. I just poke a hole along the edge and drain the water out.

Do not be surprised if the coconut oil loses the green look when it cools down, it will come back when you warm it up. This makes it easy to store in plane sight as well, since it still looks natural. After it is done cooling in the fridge, you can pop it back in the jar and stick it in the cupboard, no need to keep it refrigerated.

Quite interesting ,thanks for sharing.

No, it was all OTJ training. I just wanted to learn how to make pipes and such :D

Latest posts

Back