1. Bud of the Month: Squish / No name plant
    Dismiss Notice

General hydroponics Coco coir

Discussion in 'Marijuana Hydroponics' started by stephenpump101, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Jun 29, 2017 #1

stephenpump101

stephenpump101

stephenpump101

Figured the 5kt brick of coco coir I bought from "general hydroponics" would have been fine to rehydrate with phed tap water with Epsom salts. Obviously my assumption was incorrect.
    Today I was looking at my plants and noticed one of my seedlings first true leafs starting to brown at the tips. They only spouted about 5 days ago. Mind you I have only been watering with phed water. I immediately sanitized my bathroom tube, put my pots in and ran my sprayer in each pot for about 10 mins a piece until it came clear. Then ran 2 gallons phed tap water through each pot. Then I used a very light nutes solution/eposom salts running a gallon of that in each pot. All phed to 6.
    This is more of a rant because I know my pH was correct and no way the plant should have problems like this from the beginning. So obviously Low Ec on package is misleading.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

2. Jun 29, 2017 #2

yarddog

yarddog

yarddog

i always flush my coco, whether it is new, or reusing from last harvest. i keep a 5 gal bucket with lots of 5/8'ths inch holes and just dump tap water through it for a while. then i do a pre-soak for a day in the nute solution i am going to be using.

3. Jun 29, 2017 #3

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod Staff Member Admin

Yarddog, do you add nutes if you are planting seeds in it?

I personally would suggest a seed starting mix for starting seeds.

4. Jun 29, 2017 #4

yarddog

yarddog

yarddog

no, but i never start seeds in coco. i should clarify, i am using chuck coco, not sure what the O.P is using. i assume coir? i start my seeds in peat pucks, then add coco around the peat puck and when i harvest, the puck is still there, with a tree trunk growing in it. haha
    i do water my seeds with the same solution veg uses, before the round leaves wither.

5. Jul 1, 2017 #5

stephenpump101

stephenpump101

stephenpump101

Quick update. Feeding 1/4th nuts strength, Epsom salts, 1 and half quarts each pot to runoff each day. All feedings phed to 6. Probably my fault though for not precharging the coco with any nutes. week.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Jul 7, 2017 #6

GhostFacepurp

GhostFacepurp

GhostFacepurp

too early to feed them .
    wait a week.or 10 days
    You can nuke them at that stage ...plus the pot is rather big to start .having a big pot increase watter logging and the surface area for bugs . plus other cons.🤔👍GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

7. Aug 11, 2017 #7

stephenpump101

stephenpump101

stephenpump101

Sorry bring back old thread. Hard to over water in coco . As of today.[​IMG]