Getting a good yield!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul1976boro

Reaction score
Just a question to all you experienced growers. I have been advised to nip the top cola as this will make the plant fill out and instead of getting one big cola you get several big colas. Is this advice true and would it give me a bigger yield.

If you have a better advice to get a bigger yield can you please share it with me? Thanks you
Paul

There are so many ways to change your plant to increase/decrease your yield. Topping or fiming your plant are great ways of doing so. This will indeed give you multiple colas. You can also try some forms of LST like tying the plant and bending it over.

This has been aurgument for the ages.
I have noticed no difference in yeild between topping and not topping. Training is used to keep the canopy at a certin ht. when you top you will get 2 SMALLER colas opposed to one large one. I think that the yeild may be increased somewhat due to the lower branches receiving more light, but then you lose the large top cola. Outdoors it is done to prevent that famous 8' christmas tree look.

using flos topping and tying is a must. but I myself have not noticed a significant increase. training is intended to control the plant and its ht. I prefer FIM and lst. I would rather have a bunch of smaller buds than one gigantic one. quicker to dry and cure IMHO.

The most effective supercropping method i've used is pinching the stems. I'm not positively sure as I didn't do a side by side grow but I think it most def increased my yield. You pinch until you hear a pop without breaking the outside stem. It's like topping without losing your cola and it makes the stems and branches huge;).

Getting a good yield ? Treat your girls right and they'll treat you right.

Latest posts

Back