gognats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never used it, whats the main ingredient? Pyrethrums and Rotenone work well.

.. GoGnats... gonads...???
sorry green' can't help ya'.. but a funny name fer sure :rofl:

it is a goofy name! lol it's got cedar oil and sodium laurel sulfate in it

don't know if i want to use it thanx for the input

I like lady bugs. I find them and dump them on my plants. win win. where I camp they breed every year by the thousands...I have even thought about breeding them at home...

It sounds like my east Indian neighbor and pal Madan pronouncing gonads...:p

Gnatrol works well and is natural based... Gnatrol is a biological control for fungus gnat larvae and it uses a variety of bacillus thuringiensis bacteria to kill the larvae. You apply it as a soil drench or add to the nutrient solution of your hydroponic system. Gnatrol does not kill adult fungus gnats but once the larvae is killed the adults will quickly die off. The manufacturer says it can be used up to the day of harvest on all edible plants but that's pushing it for me. I rarely ever used it when I was flowering my gals. The application rate is 1 to 8 teaspoons per gallon of water depending on severity of infestation.

I've used this stuff years ago when I had an abundance of gnats in larger grow locations. To prevent gnat infestations, make sure you let the top couple of inches of your soil surface dry out between waterings. To control and cut down the #'s of adults use some yellow sticky flying insect/aphid traps near the soil surface and apply gnatrol to kill the larvae.

You could also use diatomaceous earth by putting a fine layer on the top of your soil and the sharp microscopic soil bits will slice up any insects as they emerge from the soil.

Good Luck!:cool:

gnatrol.jpg

Latest posts

Back