Going Dry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. GreenBrain

Legal Grower
Reaction score
Alright everybody,

It's about that time for me to dry out a little. I've been smoking tons of weed everyday for the past six weeks at least, and now it's starting to get a little too much. I must refrain so that I can further appreciate. Cold Turkey for two weeks, wish me luck.

Godspeed bro. Stopping bud is so hard for me. Cigs aint notthing to me tho. Which is weird.

I need to do that.

I can count the days on one hand that I have NOT smoked in the past five or six years, and that was only when we were in NZ and had not found some weed to smoke yet.

Maybe I need a break...

I have smoked MJ for nearly 30 yrs and it does the body and mind good to take a break every now and then. Like Effen said above I could count on 1 hand how many days I have'nt had a smoke in the past 10 yrs...take care..

Now that I think about it...

I took a week off, when I was in jail.

When I got out and smoked, I t was like I never stopped...

daily toker for over 30 years. yes, even on lock down. good luck with that...bb...

Yeah me too. I have been doing king size Js of Aurora every evening. It was getting too much. I've gone to standard size and now halves.

Day Three,

CRAZY and very VIVID dreams last night. It felt as though my brain was so active that it was tiring to sleep. However, I woke feeling very well rested. Bummed out that I cant smoke with the wife, but other than that, I'm feeling no ill effects.

Dr. GreenBrain said:
Day Three,

CRAZY and very VIVID dreams last night. It felt as though my brain was so active that it was tiring to sleep. However, I woke feeling very well rested. Bummed out that I cant smoke with the wife, but other than that, I'm feeling no ill effects.

I love those dreams when I haven't smoked for a few days. You're doing great. :) Keep it up, if thats what you're wanting.

Hey Dr.,

Do you ever write down your dreams? So long as I write them down for later, I almost always learn something from them, no matter how weird they seem.

I've read that unique parts of our brains are activated in REM sleep, which to me, suggests that we can only think in certain special ways in our sleep.

Anyways, I'll quit rambling, keep at it :)

Yeah,,, I stopped for about,,auhhhh,,,OK,,I havent stopped yet.:D

King Bud said:
Hey Dr.,

Do you ever write down your dreams? So long as I write them down for later, I almost always learn something from them, no matter how weird they seem.

I've read that unique parts of our brains are activated in REM sleep, which to me, suggests that we can only think in certain special ways in our sleep.

Anyways, I'll quit rambling, keep at it :)

No I've never done that, but maybe I should start. I do know that I have had some really creative dreams. For example, I once dreamed that I built a sailboat out of Popsicle sticks, and when I woke up all I could think about was if it would be possible. Sure enough, about 2 months later there was a big thing on the news about how some dude somewhere, with a team of young volunteers, built a large working sailboat out of Popsicle sticks and tongue depressors. I guess he sailed it on an extensive journey too. Should have implemented it when I had the chance. Oh well, I can always try for a rowboat.

Hang in there, man. You'll love yourself when it's over. The initial buzz will be almost worth the not puffing. All the luck to ya.

PencilHead said:
Hang in there, man. You'll love yourself when it's over. The initial buzz will be almost worth the not puffing. All the luck to ya.
I KNOW! I can't wait. It's going to... "Feel like the first time, it feels like the very first time..."

Anyway, Starting day Four:

Everything feels alright. I find staying dry is really easy. However I may be facing some challenges soon. We are going to visit my wife's family next week, and her brother loves to smoke with us. I don't think it'd be right declining since we only get to see him one or two times a year. However, last time we were there, he didn't have any on him, and we really didn't have an opportunity to smoke. Not that I'm hopping for it, but maybe that will be the case this time around.

Also, We just found out last night that some long time friends of ours are "in the club", and we all got excited about smoking together. Everyone feels we should get together and burn one soon. The only way I can avoid smoking is to not see them before we leave on vacation next week. That sounds lame, so I've decided not to pursue making plans with them, but I won't refuse an invite because after all, they are our friends.

Other than that, I'm making brownies for the plane ride home because I chose that day to end my fast and, lets face it, it's truly the only way to fly.

(My apologies for the Foreigner reference)

Those dreams are one of the reasons I smoke! I don't like the stuff I dream about.

Day Fi...wait...what day is it again...

Had an opportunity to get my MMJ card very inexpensively today and couldn't pass it up. I can't NOT celebrate! Anyway, my four and 1/2 day dry out did just the trick. Smoked a teeny bit and now I'm :stoned:

Anyway, be happy that I'm now a legal smoker/grower.

Latest posts

Back