Gone Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flower

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
IMG_3776.jpeg
image000000.jpeg

Youth deer season is this weekend.
At the moment, I am setting in this blind with my wife’s 14 year old cousin. We have my trusty ole’ .44 lever action at the ready.
My son sent me a picture of a couple doe by the blind yesterday evening. We are pretty confident we will get some action in the next couple hours.

A lot of them are this year’s hatch. Them little guys eat good.
Fall turkey season comes in next month.
I believe we will be back.
Funny ,I once saw Dale Earnheart jr hunting with a guide and in three days he got a deer ,a hog and a turkey.
As I remember I remember all three were grazing with a strong intent.
Sure they used sweet feed and baited them

Funny ,I once saw Dale Earnheart jr hunting with a guide and in three days he got a deer ,a hog and a turkey.
As I remember I remember all three were grazing with a strong intent.
Sure they used sweet feed and baited them
Probably a Texas hunt, they are pretty liberal with the bait down there.

Probably a Texas hunt, they are pretty liberal with the bait down there.
i remember doing a job upstate and we stayed there for 5 days and went home.
6 does would come on time around 5
I put out sweet feed and the dominate doe would chase the others ( the *****! I feed deer like i do people abundantly)
So the next day I put out 6 piles and separated them far from each other .
karen on four legs

I ain’t never. Deer hunting for me was dressing as warm as possible and sitting in a freezing position braving the possible wind for hours.

That thing probably comes with a hot plate and refrigerator
I grew up with livestock, so we always had fresh meat. Other than rabbits, which dad hunted and I cleaned when I was in 1st and 2nd grade, I never knew anything about hunting. Never had to. I have no problem with hunting, but the $25.00 two inch thick *New York Strip Steak I'm throwin' on the grill tomorrow is ultimately cheaper, and a lot less effort. ;)
Still...I like my time in the woods. Just not when there's folks out there shooting at shadows.

I grew up with livestock, so we always had fresh meat. Other than rabbits, which dad hunted and I cleaned when I was in 1st and 2nd grade, I never knew anything about hunting. Never had to. I have no problem with hunting, but the $25.00 two inch thick *New York Strip Steak I'm throwin' on the grill tomorrow is ultimately cheaper, and a lot less effort. ;)
Still...I like my time in the woods. Just not when there's folks out there shooting at shadows.
buy a boat catch fish save money :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back