Gone Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quanah Parker, at 60+ years of age, was doing Wild West shows for people where he'd run down a bison (bareback, on a horse), kill it with his bow and arrow, and cut out the liver to eat it raw for the crowd. True story.
If you want good insight into the Comanche Nation, I'd recommend "Empire of the Summer Moon" by S.C. Gwynne.
They were still a Stone Age People in the early 1800's Southwest America, according to the book. Fascinating read.
Those kind of books are right up my alley. I read a lot of Terry C. Johnston books. You would like The Plainsmen series.

https://us.macmillan.com/series/theplainsmenseries

Quanah Parker, at 60+ years of age, was doing Wild West shows for people where he'd run down a bison (bareback, on a horse), kill it with his bow and arrow, and cut out the liver to eat it raw for the crowd. True story.
If you want good insight into the Comanche Nation, I'd recommend "Empire of the Summer Moon" by S.C. Gwynne.
They were still a Stone Age People in the early 1800's Southwest America, according to the book. Fascinating read.
Whew! Thank goodness about the horse! I thought I had logged into a naughty site for a minute. Steady as I go....

Bubba

My idea for a bbq
I have charcoal! good charcoal.

That must be how they cut up chickens at my local grocery chain! Broken bones, half-cut bones, steaks with big holes in 'em.
Ribs, too. Then they hid half a pound of fat underneath and shrink wrap it.

No more - I found a butcher that does hand cuts, as I want them, when I want them.

That must be how they cut up chickens at my local grocery chain! Broken bones, half-cut bones, steaks with big holes in 'em.
Ribs, too. Then they hid half a pound of fat underneath and shrink wrap it.

No more - I found a butcher that does hand cuts, as I want them, when I want them.
Yes also buying outdated sausage taking off the skins putting Italian spices re skin and selling it as fresh.
Chicken cutlets by the butcher after trimmed make chicken hamburgers is not for me
Two blonde chefs from Americas test kitchen taught me how to cut breasts into "cutlets"
I miss them both and they never call
I learned how to make cutlets out of anything out of necessity.

So now that we've drifted downriver from hunting.... (Sorry @Flower but you posted the first fish haha) Am I gonna have to make a fishing thread? 😁😆
Lol, I think this may already be the fishing thread. Only world renowned, professional drifters, could turn a hunting thread into a fishing thread.
I would expect nothing less.
Carry on ladies and gentlemen, I have greatly enjoyed some of the fishing stories, already.

Lol, I think this may already be the fishing thread. Only world renowned, professional drifters, could turn a hunting thread into a fishing thread.
Carry on ladies and gentlemen, I have greatly enjoyed some of the fishing stories, already.
I wanted to tell you about the one that got away but it never came back to me.

When I was about 12 my uncle took me fishing to our fishing camp off of the Alabama river. He was a very well known bass fisher in our area and usually won angler of the year in our area fishing local tournaments. We was up our faverite creek off of the river and about 8am the fish starting hitting every third cast. I sat on the cooler on the way back to camp because they were knocking the lid open. 46 bass in two hours it was pretty wild I still have not had a day that fishing that would compare that day.

Latest posts

Back