good 1000 watt ballast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eskodaboss

Reaction score
i was looking into lumatek but my local grow shop says he has been getting crazy returns because they go out pretty quick, is there any other affordable ballast thats as good as the lumatek ? i was looking for something that has superlumnens like the lumatek. and whats the best bulbs on the market ?

I have 2 600 lumatecs with no problem. 4+years.. sorry not much help with an alternative, but that is all I have used except for an old magnetic 400 mH.

I like the Digilux bulbs

My bro has a couple Lumateks. One has failed on him but outside of the warranty period, but the other one is still going. I think the problem is people running them on the super lumen setting and then not keeping them vey cool. With electronics, heat is the enemy. Keep them cool and they will hold up much better. I have been using Ipower ballasts which have cooling fans in them, and I have had no trouble at all with them. I also use their bulbs and Digilux bulbs which are a little pricey but very bright. :)

Lumatek says the same thing about cooling, and they are adding fans to future models and now offer an add-on "Ice-Pack" fan option which attaches to the top. I had one Lumatek ****-out on me but they replaced it without issue. If a store is getting 'crazy returns' then odds are they got and sold a bad pallet full of them. Some production runs are better than others.

I like Lumatek, but also like Hydrofarm and their 'Phantom' model. Hydrofarm has a good reputation for quality and longevity.

I only go with lumatek, never had any issues. I keep a small 4 inch fan on them to keep them cool.

Just got a Apollo 600w digital and the thing is super quiet,only noise is from the cooling fan.I run it 24/7 and at any given time you can place your hand on the ballast and it may be slightly warm.It's an off brand I found on Amazon,but for $175 for light,reflector,ballast,hangers ,timer,MH and HPS bulbs,so far I am very pleased.They do have 1000w also.

I run newer model Hydrofarm 1000 watt Ballasts. I've tested many types and these keep on trucking.

I also run lumatek digital ballasts for my 600 set-up. Never had an issue.

I still rock the Sunlight supply harvest pro elites! Never had one fail and been running for years, literally.

Latest posts

Back