Green light for working on the plant during dark period

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gangotri

Reaction score
Hey guys, since the leaves reflect green light would it be possible to use green light for working on the plant during dark period? Will it disturb dark cicle?

Absolutely not.. there is no reason you should ever go into your grow area during lights off. I dont' care what you heard on the net. Don't disturb them when they are sleeping. People don't like being woke up in the middle of the night and neither do plants, especially ours.

There is no reason for you to be "working" with the plants at night. It's not like they have a blown up engine that you have to work on to get to work in the morning. These are plants man, and you got to respect their dark cycle.

If anything must be done with the plants do it in the day cycle.

i hear you can use a led light but its not worth the time it takes to get back in to the 12 12 stage again id avoid bothering them like Mr.Wakenbake said

they have green lights that they sell at nuserys for just that. i don't know all the info about the nursey light. but big bro grunt can tell you more.. A green light can be used to work on the garden during the dark period with no negative reactions from the plants. These are sold as nursery safety lights, but any green bulb should be OK.

Yeah i have to agree since i have actually seen people use the green lights, i wasnt sure what kind of light they were using but i did notice that when the normal lights go off they had the green light to do work when needed. there is another llight that i read about somewhere on here that someone was using and said that the plants cant even see that sort of light so it wouldnt hurt them at all. Sin inc is right though, maby an opion from TBG or Stoney might explain it more.

Thanks guys, that solves some of my problems, I get home only at night and the lights have gone off already, and its the only time I have to take care of my plants. Ill get a green bulb right away.

Answer me this .. just why in god's name are you going into the grow room at night?????

you folks crack me up... Going into your grow areas at night. For what reason? If you can give me a proper reason to go in there at night then i'll give on my position. Otherwise you are interrupting the flowering cycle and asking for problems. just think when you open the door to the grow area how many other wavelengths of light are coming in messing stuff up.

So please stop taking bad info and leave your plants alone at night... IF you can only work with em at night you need to switch your lightcycles to be off during the day and on during the night. This would stop you from entering on the dark period. Othwerwise i can't wait to see how big the nuts get on your plants.

Mr.Wakenbake said:
Answer me this .. just why in god's name are you going into the grow room at night?????

As I said in the earlier post: I work all day and get home only at night and by that time the lights have gone off already, and its the only time I have to take care of my plants. ;)

Mr.Wakenbake said:

you folks crack me up... Going into your grow areas at night. For what reason? If you can give me a proper reason to go in there at night then i'll give on my position. Otherwise you are interrupting the flowering cycle and asking for problems. just think when you open the door to the grow area how many other wavelengths of light are coming in messing stuff up.

So please stop taking bad info and leave your plants alone at night... IF you can only work with em at night you need to switch your lightcycles to be off during the day and on during the night. This would stop you from entering on the dark period. Othwerwise i can't wait to see how big the nuts get on your plants.

RELAX Brotha Man... Damn... I HAVE to go in my growroom at night as well for many reasons.
For starters I work when my plants are awake and home when they are asleep.
I grow in Hydro and Ph fluxuates rather quickly in my system.
Plus I have no life so when im not working I like to sit there and watch em grow. Ya Dig...
As long as you shut off the light outside of the growroom before you enter and turn on the green light you'll be cool. Ive done it this way for a long time. With great success. Take a hit n chill :joint:

Latest posts

Back