Gro room help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmd420

SUPERBABY
Reaction score
S, I am helping a friend set up a grow room in a garage that is about 10x12..

He is going to use 6 1000w hps set up in 2 rows of 3 with an aisle in between...

Have 4 indicas under each 1000w in DWC buckets...

Air cool the lights...drawing air from the outside, through the lights, and then funnelling it outside....(any ideas for that one?) ...I don't want to 3 intake holes on one side of the garage and 3 exhaust holes on the other! lol

Any ideas for how to do the exhaust for this structure without putting exhaust holes in the walls near the roof.....

He doesn't want to do CO2 yet...I'm tryin to turn him around on it.....

any help is always appreciated!

3x12" exhaust fans ot the top of the room pushing air out...any ideas

1 intake, 1 exhaust into a box, from box send duct work to where needed

:yeahthat: try to make all duct work the same length so you have equal ventalation to all area.

pcduck said:
1 intake, 1 exhaust into a box, from box send duct work to where needed

:yeahthat: also, try to keep bends to a minimum to maximize airflow....

What do you mean by a "box"..do you mean like a juction point where everything then spilts off for intake and a juction point where everything comes together for exhaust?

Is there some type of "box" that I need?

I have a closed system for my grow and I don't have to worry about smell, so I'm not familiar with scrubbers or "boxes"

thx for the help....

you got the idea. Make every thing close to the same length so the air flow is about the same.

Right on..that's what I figured....

I was thinking of helping him install a vent on the roof with a big fan attached to get more hot air out in addition to a couple of 12" exhaust fans on either side of the room.. (I'm a ventilation freak!)

What do you guys think about light movers? We are shying away from them just cuz It's another thing with more wires and measurements to account for, when we already have the lights we need...

The only advantage to a light mover that I see, would be to have fewer lights and cooler temps, but I'm thinking that if I vent the lights and room properly, temp shouldn't be an issue...that's one thing we're debating on.... who's right?

I'm also thinking that it may be too much for him to try to run co2 on his first 1 or 2 grows in this space, as he has no experience with it...too much risk with not enough reward to mitigate that expense and risk....

do you guys think a DWC is the way to go for this?

If anybody knows of some grow room pics that have room the size of the one I am helping with, please let me know....grow journals, other pics..whatever...just looking for something juicy to research about this...

thx ya'll

cmd420 said:
I have a closed system for my grow and I don't have to worry about smell, so I'm not familiar with scrubbers or "boxes"

with 6kw of lights you better get familiar with em before you turn it on.
"Closed" or not....its gonna smell..News is filled with the first sentence being "neighbors called complaining of a sell"
Look at the hydro shops for carbon filters. They got them in kits with fans and all sized for the room you need em. Room that size you better be prepared to fork out some bucks for set up.

Yeah, I told my buddy that he could expect to drop between 10 and 15k for what he wants to do...correctly...

Any input on a good hydro system? I use waterfarms in my personal grows, but I have the feeling that E&F tables would be more appropiate...

Can someone weigh in on whether he should do co2 for this space?

I would run the exhaust to the attic to a large exhaust fan on a gable end of the garage. What size fans and ducting is he planning on using? Does he have any idea how high his electricity bill is going to be?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I would run the exhaust to the attic to a large exhaust fan on a gable end of the garage. What size fans and ducting is he planning on using? Does he have any idea how high his electricity bill is going to be?

I want him to use 12" inline fans with 8" or 12" ducting...I didn't think of using the attic...

I haven't seen the space and I don;t know if there is an accessible attic, but if there is, now my probs are solved...

I don't know the details, but my buddy has already done the math and knows that the juice won't be cheap....

thx for responding HG....:)

I've never done anything on this scale, so this is a total guess, but if it's a garage and your pulling in plenty of fresh air from outside, then I don't see why you would need the co2. I'd run it once, get some profit and then invest in the co2 if you think it will improve it. Is he running strains (clones your familiar with the yields, so you can make a decent judgment of wether co2 will be beneficial?

legalize_freedom said:
I've never done anything on this scale, so this is a total guess, but if it's a garage and your pulling in plenty of fresh air from outside, then I don't see why you would need the co2. I'd run it once, get some profit and then invest in the co2 if you think it will improve it. Is he running strains (clones your familiar with the yields, so you can make a decent judgment of wether co2 will be beneficial?

That's what I told him about c02...get used to the space, then go for something like that...solid call...

We are doing Hash Plant...

pure (almost?) indica...way easy to grow, super high yield, nice aroma..

I've got 4 that are about a week away and are freakin huge...only thing is, they are taking like 7-8 weeks so far...I guess I'm just a hydro impatient guy!
:)

IMO if you can get plenty of fresh air into the grow area, don't worry about CO2 it can be a pain. I had a friend that used CO2 til the reg stuck open and he cme home to 20 dead plants and his cat.

ozzydiodude said:
IMO if you can get plenty of fresh air into the grow area, don't worry about CO2 it can be a pain. I had a friend that used CO2 til the reg stuck open and he cme home to 20 dead plants and his cat.

Man that sucks! I'd be pissed! was it a defective regulator, or his fault? I guess you can't just call the reg. manufacturer and complain cause thier faulty equm't killed all your weed!:eek:

wow. better be on your game when using co2. research is the key to success...

hey cmd. you did the hash plants this summer, right? clone, or seed? what was your earliest flower period in days?...

Latest posts

Back