groundcover cloning???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i heard a rumor that after flowering has been induced and grown for a couple weeks that u can remove the new tiny leaf sprouts at the bottom of the stock and clone them, put them back into the veg stage, and they will regrow like a ground cover producing a bunch of small dense buds. unfortunately i cant seem to find any actual information supporting the theory. has anyone else heard of this or had any experience with it??

I have cloned a flowering mj plant many times.

Each clone just makes another single plant, not sure what you mean by ground cover

Welcome to mari.P

hm they were saying that the little tiny leafs located closer to the nodes at the bottom, when cloned, would ceate many new tiny sprouts around it rather than growing up into a new fullsized plant

There is no reason to believe that the clones will grow like groundcover with many new tiny sprouts They should develop like any other clone.

I am not sure what you mean by "the tiny leafs located closer to the nodes". You need a growing tip to clone and you need enough growth on the cut so that the cutting can support itself while it is developing roots.

It is harder to clone plants that have been in flowering for a couple of weeks than when they are still in veg.

Read the propagation stickies, that should dispell any rumors you may have heard

That kinda crap and rumors, is why this forum is so good. Good PPL letting ya know whats real and whats bullshit. Glad ya stopped by.

found a great article about it and it explained what it really is and its nuts! def going to try it out

I call "Monster Cropping", cloning while in flower and watching them re-veg.

pcduck said:
I call "Monster Cropping", cloning while in flower and watching them re-veg.

its more specific than that. the certain branches u tak, how far along into flowering, and the way u train the plant to grow

Whatever but I have done clones in flower and they look just like someone monster cropped them.;)

Latest posts

Back