grow advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterPotatoes

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing a 4' 4' 8' in my bedroom, not going to clone yet and waiting on Hashish Bags. I want to save money but after reading this site for a couple of months I've learned that when you cut corners the bud suffers. Here is what I've come up with (keeping in mind that I live in a rented old apartment with a non existent landlord) : 2 can 33 charcoal filters 239.90; 2 600 W Hortilux HPS bulbs 160; 2 600 W Lumatek Digital Ballasts $379.90 ; Socket assembly 49.00; 2 Sunlight Supply cool Sun Reflectors 378.00; 1,200 free shipping from ecoenterprises for the above mentioned ,Visqueen plastic 10' by 100' 75.95; Sun shine soiless mix 35.95; Various nutrients: Floros, Tiger Bloom,ect. 200, 2 Stanley blower fans with mods 150
These other items are guesstimates: Perlight, hydrometer, PH Balance test, Dead Bolt (ounce of prevention), 10' of 6'' duct, duct tape, screws, hooks, surge protector, staple gun, staples, 2 5 Gal buckets with lids, Green light bulb, 2 24 hour timers, 2 heavy duty extension cords, 15ftn of nylon rope, 15 3 gal pots blk/taller than wide/with saucer and drainage holes in the bottom and various wood for infrastructure. My figure is around 1800. Due to wattage problems I'm plugging the lights in the main room and the 900W A/C unit and other various items in another. I was wondering if any one knows how I can save some money with out cutting corners or sacrificing quality? If I'm using nutrient should I also use molasses or is that over kill? Any suggestions on micro nutrients for each stage? Also did I forget any thing?
I would like to thank you for reading all this and I consider this site a blessing. Reading this forum has increased my knowledge ten fold. You people don't get payed for your help but offer it any way and that's very commendable, the definition of community. Thank you

You sound like you are well on your way there my friend.
The best thing I can suggest at this point for figuring anything you missed is to start thinking in steps. What do I need when I first start and do I have it? What do I need once I have sprouts and begin veg, do I have it? And so on...
Don't skimp, you seem like you have nailed it down, I wouldn't stray at this point. Main points, your money needs to go into your lights, ventalation, atmosphere, security(smell, etc.). Some people do without some meters, though this can really bite you in the arse. And you can always shop around and ebay the small stuff, but invest in those big items there, they'll pay you back ten fold, I can assure you sir.
I can't comment on nutes, I have never done a soiless.
I run hydro, DWC to be specific. I use General Hydroponics 3 part nutrients. They do have additives, but the 3 part is short, sweet, and simple. If it ain't broke. don't fix it.:smoke1::dancing:
Good luck friend, you are about to embark on a very dangerous but rewarding hobby, for whatever reason you may be doing so.
Be smart, be safe, and make sure to show off your work when you get a chance...
:goodposting:

You are, indeed, in very good shape. Just keep reading and asking questions and you're going to be in AWESOME shape in about four months...

Appreciate the advice I am re thinking my fan and carbon filter but am open for any advice.

Thanks

If you grow a low odour strain you could forget about the carbon filters and save $240!

I'm growing the Marijuana super seeds package WW, Ice, and Crystal I'm not sure but looks potential pungent.

Ok, well it's been a few months and I'm about five weeks into flowering. There have been some screw up for crazy temps, knocking over the little veg plants and small nut burn but nothing crazy.

For the room I went with a single 1000 watt super blue (duel filiment) inside a sunsystem reflector. Eight inch ducting being sucked through a 7** cfm ( I cant remember right now) vortex with a 100can carbon filter. The room is a littl bigger 10'x8'x10' but everything else is the same from the original post.

I would love to be able to know whats what but my brother had a little misshap and we have no clue what plant it what strain :eek:

Oh well, seriously though there is no way we could have accomplished this without this forum so THANK YOU!!!

Also, how can I post my gallery pics in this thread?

10'x8'x10'..........1000 watt super blue (duel filiment)........Also, how can I post my gallery pics in this thread?

Initially, I can see that you're WAAAY short on light for that size room.. Assuming you have 8' ceilings, youre looking at 100 sq ft, meaning you should be shooting for 50,000 lumens(5,000 L. p/sq/ft) One 1000 emits around 145,000 lumens 'new'.
There's a sticky tutorial in the Annoncements area on picture posting ;)

Hick said:
Initially, I can see that you're WAAAY short on light for that size room.. Assuming you have 8' ceilings, youre looking at 100 sq ft, meaning you should be shooting for 50,000 lumens(5,000 L. p/sq/ft) One 1000 emits around 145,000 lumens 'new'.

hey hick what strain are you smoking @ the moment? whatever it is it dont let you do math very well. PP should be shooting for 500,000 lumens. just givin ya some crap. anyhow take care.

:yeahthat:

Boy Hick- that's twice in 1 week man. Time to upgrade the abacus- must be missing a bead or two :rofl:

Hi PeterPotatoes-

Looking at your pics in the gallery- they look real nice. Obviously your canopy is closer than the overall room dimensions.

Nice Job! Looks like you're in for a great harvest.

Hick said:

Trust me, I would like to but I live in a building that was made around the 1920's (it still has a milk door) so I would just blow a fuses if I plugged another one in. Actually I've blown it twice :D. Next grow will be smaller now that I know my limits.

Thanks for the advice though.

BBFan said:

Boy Hick- that's twice in 1 week man. Time to upgrade the abacus- must be missing a bead or two :rofl:

Hi PeterPotatoes-

Looking at your pics in the gallery- they look real nice. Obviously your canopy is closer than the overall room dimensions.

Thanks, I'm getting excited.

Well I was going to post pics for the lazy people who didn't want to go to the gallery but I would have to resize them. To bad im a lazy person myself so no dice for now.

IRISH said:
:postpicsworthless:

You're right.

test pics

Pictures 046.JPG

Pictures 047.JPG

Pictures 044.JPG

BBFan said:

Hi PeterPotatoes-

...............:eek: they look a lot better than my math P'tater...:confused2:...

Latest posts

Back