Grow Methods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistair

Reaction score
I've got some Master Chronic and White Castle seedlings going. From my reading, if I understand correctly, Master Chronic shouldn't be topped, since it doesn't respond well to it. I'm making this assumption based on Serious Seeds Chronic. They recommend not to top it; it will form a huge main cola, with few side branches. MC is just another breeder's variation of Chronic. Okay,but what about LST; would this be a good idea if topping isn't recommended?

White Castle is a cross between White Widow and Ice. No one here seems to have any experience with this strain. However, I imagine that a few of you have grown both WW and Ice. Any ideas of how to grow a strain like this? In other words, I don't know when to LST or top plants. Some might take it well, and others ight not. So, what to look for in a strain as to whether to train them or not? It seems like plants that tend to get tall, would be good candiates for LST, while short bushy plants, with tight internodes, wouldn't work well. As for topping, I really don't have a clue as to what kind of plants do well by it, and which don't.

I've topped and low stressed trained before, and it worked just fine, but I've never thought about it vis a vis all the various strains.

Your suggestons would be greatly appreciated.

hey AY.isn't ice a variation of ww? i think, ww x wr...not positive...i've grown white rhino, and white widow.

it seems i remember MC being called something to do with towers, 9th. floor, or something of this nature. not positive of this either...

so, what am i positive of?, you may ask?...if the MC is the 9th floor i'm thinking of, it was best left to its own means, as serious rec's...

we always top at the 4th-5th internode, and this depends on which is growing faster as to who gets topped...and a multi to boot...:D ...

i would search out the plants with the longer,(further apart), internodes at 3.5-5 weeks veg, and top those. the taller, faster growth, further nodes is the likeliest candidates...

as you prolly know, the whites are a little touchy, feely with the nutes. they prefer a shirley temple, persay, a cap morgan, and coke...

it seems someone i recently came across here is doing a white castle grow, like in the past 24...hmmm...

stay away from nuted soil in veg. ww does not take to any nutes in veg in my experiences. i would apply the smallest fraction, and BOOM. for real. they were tight, fussy...

all my ww that i topped turned male. they all came from nirvana. don't get me wrong, it was like 6 males outta 20...so what you do has to be done in very miniscule amounts...

i would think the MC would be your beat'in bush.:eek: :rofl: ...how tall do they say on the site? i hate when i'm doing a new strain and they say 'of medium height'. what? whats that? 4'? - 7'? ...theres alot of dif 'tween 4', and 7'...thats why it's always nice to go where others have traveled sometimes. they have plowed a path already...:hubba:

i know. i know. call it what you will. we like to call it mid life crisis...new jeep, new wranglers, new path...LOL...lol...

don't mind me. wake, and bake sunday. the thing is, i havent been to sleep. so really. don't mind me...

i will love to watch your journal, as these are some of my favorites. have you smoked white widow AY? oohhh, ohhhh man. she is the tastiest, stoniest plant i ever grew. i did'nt get very big yields in soil pots, but quality more than surpassed the difference in so many other ways...been trying to get her back in my garden as a mainstay...9 weeks to the day, will chat you up socially at a whole 'nother level of intellect. sounds strange, but true. social, chatty, lively, outgoing, charismatic,energetic, and intellectual is where that buzz took me. added with a few good friends, and you'll know , what i know...:D :cool: ...

Thanks, Irish. No, I've never smoked WW. From what little literature there seems to be on WC, it isn't supposed to be as nute sensitive as WW.

Since MC is basically just a variation on Serious Seeds' Chronic, I'll let it do its own thing.

For a long time I had my mother's camera on extended loan. But her other camera was stolen, and I had to give back the one I was using. Hard economical times and the cost of growing, products, electric bills, etc., prohibits me from buying one of my own.

And yes, you probably read another thread of mine not long ago concerning these strains. This thread is a bit different inasmuch as I want advice on which plants, in general, take well to topping or LST, and which ones don't. If I hadn't read about MC and not topping it, I would have never guessed.

I might top, and or LST the WW's if they start getting tall. So far, everyone, both strains, are short and bushy. So, no topping yet.

I don't mind your chattiness. Sometimes when I get a good buzz I ramble on and send my ramblings off in a pm to someone, like I'll get a response or something. Wake and bake, on the other hand, I gave that up a long time ago. It leaves me burnt out for the day.

Thanks for stooping by and helping me out.

Latest posts

Back