grow problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kctats13

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im having a few problems. Ive been searching thread after thread to see if i can find out whats wrong and ive got a few ideas but was wondering if you guys can help.

Im growing 2 og kush clones (bought from a local dispensary)
there in a 4'w x 2'd x 6'h white cabinet
there 6 inches tall
600 watt hps hortilux with vented hood
light is 24 inches from plants
exhaust/ventilation fan at top with a 6"x12" hole at bottom of the cabinet to bring in air flow
1 gallon containers with miracle grow organic soil
18/6 light
temps at 80-85 when lights on and 70 when off
humiditys at 20-30%
watering every other day with botanicare CNS17 hydro nutes

The problem im having is the growth is really slow, the leaves are patchy light/dark green, and the leaves are cupping up at all edges.
Also the leaves are drooping alot.
And now today i noticed the plants growing pistils... I wanted to grow them up a few feet to take cuttings off them.
Should i have it on 24hrs? Its on 18/6

From what ive been reading i figured that i shouldnt be giving them nutes because the miracle grow already has them. It says that the soil will feed plants for up to 3 mos....i guess i should of read the package first....lol

so i flushed the soil with clean water this morning. so far no noticeable difference.
Any suggestions?
Also is a 600 w too big for a space that small? I was always told the more light the better

My experience with that soil was horrible...you can't use anything with time release nutrients....everytime you water the plants are getting fed. When you flushed it was more of the same....get better soil and transplant ASAP. MG makes a good soil for seedlings...I only use that now...

Thanks Hamster lewis!
Is there a certain way to transplant?
Im not sure how well established the roots are. I planted them about a week ago.

I usually let the soil dry a bit...remove it from the pot and put it onto a hard surface. Then I will water a lil bit with it out of the pot and then slowly crumble the old soil very slowly trying not to damage any roots...I do this till I hve most of the old soil gone. Then I dangle the roots over and into a fresh pot and slowly add soil around and on the roots... I am sure some one will hve a better way...it's just what I came up with in a pinch.

Oh and the soil I use is called Miracle Grow seed starting mix...it is cheap and I get it at the lowes or home depot near me...I don't mess with any other MG soil...

Thanks.
Any ideas why the plants are starting to bud?
Right now the light cycle is 18/6 should it be on 24hrs?

Are you sure it is budding and just not having reached sexually maturity it is showing it sex. puberty flowers are starting buds.

ozzydiodude said:
Are you sure it is budding and just not having reached sexually maturity it is showing it sex. puberty flowers are starting buds.
:yeahthat:

If these are store bought clones they were probably already sexed and sexually mature...you are most likely seeing pre-flowers...

Thanks for all the help.
I transplanted them now there doing great!

Latest posts

Back