grow room build question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoner 420

Reaction score
i am in the process of building a grow room 5' wide 8'long and 7' tall. it is a cement block building and wanting to line the walls and making a ceiling with a good sturdy white plastic.. does anyone have an idea of what a good plastic to use would be that i could get locally like lowes or other builder supply stores any help is greatly appreciated

you can purchase mylar and otherreflective matirials that stick too your walls i am not sure if lowes sells it though

Sorry to disagree with skullcandy, but mylar is terrible. I have used it, it doesn't reflect as well as white paint. So maybe paint your walls white.

What about a painters dropcloth for the ceiling? They seem pretty heavy duty and you can get those at lowes. Just a thought.

you can get white plastic paneling at lowes or home depot

What do you mean by "sturdy"? And why would you want plastic on your ceiling? If possible you could use 1" plywood for the ceiling and paint it flat white. My grow room is about the same size as yours (6x8) and the plywood ceiling is great. I can hang anything anywhere and not have to worry about it falling down.
I've only used mylar once and it was a pain in the butt, not worth the aggrivation IMO. Like RoseBud suggested, paint those walls flat white and you wont have to deal with it again.
Good Luck

Vapor barrier, insulation(some have silver reflection), Paneling for high moisture areas(which is white) all can be had at Lowes, Home DePot, Menards, Ace Hardware(the real big ones), any store's of that type

Latest posts

Back