Grow temp ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoorsman101

Reaction score
Hi, I'm considering growing in a friend's attic but it is pretty cold like ~ 50 degrees fahrenheit. Will this be a big problem?

Using CFL's so there won't be a lot of heat generated from the light either.

What about summer?

You can't grow in an attic without a/c

Using cfls is not where your heat problem will come from. Its below that.

If your growing 1 plant now. That might work.

I would do a 2 year veg and train. tie down the plant to snake around low through the eaves and then into the center. Then flower when the vineing is completed.

That would be so ******* amazing! To see it flower.

Once again I hve to say...THC rocks...:) Your posts always make me smile and I agree..if you cld somehow veg and train a plant for 2 years in an attic and then flower it...that wld be impressive...

But to answer the OP's question...50 degrees is on the cold side for MJ...I grew in my attic this time last year with a 400w HPS and at lights out it got cold up there and most likely slowed my grow...maybe autos? you cld leave the lights on 24-7 with them and there might be enough heat...

Yes, somehow you need to raise the low temperature by about 10 degrees. That's just a guess off the top of my head. The fluorescent lights won't produce much heat.

Indoor plants slow, sometimes stop growth in low temps of 55 and highs of 85...low to mid 70's is where you want to be, for your plants to thrive. So if you can make that happen in your attic go for it, you can always enclose a portion of your attic, vent heat to it in the winter/ac in the summer. Or you could use an electric portable heater, could get expensive, but then so is weed on the street. It can be done.

Latest posts

Back