Grow tents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jericho

Reaction score
After trying to think of a good set up that i could have in my room and not be to messy i decided its best to go with a grow tent. i found one that is 100x100x200 budda room brand, it has plenty of vent holes and holes for lights n so on.

my question is that the whole thing is reflective inside. would a total wattage of 600 in cfl bulbs be enough for 7 plants.

Cfl bulbs should keep it pretty cool in there thats why i thought i would use them. correct if i could do better with less heat and savin sum energy

1st ones are going to be auto strains. then after that i will work with ones i need to flower my self.

You will need 3000 lumens a sqr foot for vegging and 5000 lumens a sqr foot for flowering...I hve 2 tents...one for veg and one for flowering...I hve a 400w hps going in the veg tent and a 600w going in the flowering tent...you need to worry about lumens and not watts...it might seem like cfl's are a better way to go but when you boil it all down they cost more and put out more heat then an HPS to achieve the same output...

Check out the Seconds line from Homebox at BGHydro, they are letting a batch go for killer prices because they messed up the interior tent colors, they are off-white instead of bright-white, and as a result as cheap as hell. I just bought one myself to use for a veg/clone/mother room, then going to turn my current room into a bloom room.

hXXp://www.bghydro.com/BGH/itemdesc.asp?ic=GRHBS03&eq=&Tp=

ok so after reviewing my options to buy a hps n fittings it gonna run me bout $140/ £84/ 94Euro (converted coz dont knw were everyone is)

cfl will cost alot less to set up, question is is it worth the extra cost for my 1st grow, or should i see how i get on with the cfl 1st and then invest later. will it hurt my 1st crop alot being a lil cheap at 1st?

I wouldn't waste my time with CFL's , there are some who have had some success with them here, but any HID light is going to outpreform a bunch of CFL's. You will probably want to look into an air cooled reflector if you go with an HID in the space of a tent. Remember you need 5000 lumens per sq ft.(to bud) wattage doesn't tell you much.

ah you are all lucky you dont live on this tiny island. none of the garden centers here have websites, and hardly any stock indoor growing goods. so i gotta wait for my day off to see what i can get from here and then have the rest sent from online and hope it gets here in one piece hehe.

Been doing sum reading on lights and bulbs and i understand everyones point now about the lumens and effects and how they worked out n so on. gonna go see if i can get any hps kits.

now question again. if i go hps am i gonna need 2 seperate kits, one for 600w and one for 400w? dont wanna look like an idiot when i go down there hehe

There are a cpl peeps on here that hve had successful grows with just cfl's...you will not yield as well as a HID light but it can be done if that is all you hve access to...Look up MentalPatient...he has grown some nice dankage with just cfl's....

It all depends on how big your grow is to what you should consider. HPS by far is the number one way to flower. If you have a large area then you should absolutely go HPS. Small, personal grows, (typically closet size or under) is ok with CFL's, but you must do them right if you were to go that route. LED's are also alright but there is so many janky companies that you will never get what you pay for.

You could get the HPS for your flowering, and a High Output t5 floro for veg, and it will save you a little in electricity. I have been running a 400 MH in veg, and just ordered a t5 instead, and put the 400 in my flower room. Don't mess with the led's they have not worked out all the bugs in those systems yet. Go with what is prooven to work.

Latest posts

Back