Grow your plants upside DOWN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this thread is pointless.

more potent? Let us know how it goes, i dont see how heat moving upwards from the light is going to help. Not to mention, watering will be a fiasco, and a life threatening chore to boot, i would learn how to grow first, then try new things, this just sounds dumb and dangerous.

I suppose its like kids saying they do their best thinking upside down on the monkey bars cause all the blood goes to the kids head, really though, we know they're just tryin not to pass out...

I just saw the ad for this on TV; it was intriguing but I am skeptical. I wasn't surprised to find that MP denizens were already all over this. If and when anyone is able to report actual results, I'm all ears. We can conjecture either way (or both ways, depending on how you slice up the overall question) but it will ultimately come down to what happens when one of us actually tries this.

I'll admit, though, that it will be interesting when that finally happens in that we'll be able to return to these posts and see who was right.

And, for the record, I don't think it will work. My theory is that the MJ plant system is optimized for the orientation that occurs in nature. You might take advantage of gravity on one hand but have improperly developed internal systems for nutrient transport, etc... But I'm just guessing.

i think weve proved that basing failure off the fact that its not "natural" is def not the case.

look at all the un natural things we do already, growing in water? that aint natural.

I think it wont work for other reasons, not to mention, its not a tomato plant.

ive got a friend who talks about this constantly, i just dont see it working, i mean tomatoes yeah....they sell the baskets at the local home and garden but think about it, you could easily have water run off from the basket to the light if it was underneath it, otherwise its getting some root rot i would think, water still has to follow the laws of gravity, so either it leaks down, where the light would need to be unless you lst'd it sideways but then why hang it, if you put the plant outside then your just making it grow down sideways then up to reach the sun, because they wont go straight down outside...

:eek: Its tough enough as it is,,,,, to get them to grow up-right,,why ya wanna go and make it a bigger pain in the ***.:rolleyes:

PencilHead said:
Listen to Hick. I'm pretty much a newbie with MJ, but I've grown other shtuff for years. Geotropism (now called gravitropism because of Hick) will prevail just like 12/12 will prevail. The plant will simply sprout, then grow around the root ball and up. The roots will grow down after an initial re-orientation. Ever seen a tree growing upside down from a cliff? Un-un, and you never will because of gravitropism. As they say: fu-git-about-it, unless you've got more time and money than you can utilize wisely.

My neighbor bought one of those and he is finding out that you cannot keep the tomoato growing down as they proclaim without tying the plant with LST.

I predict the MJ will do the same as the tomatos I have seen grow in one of these dirt bags (well really that is all the thing is)

Latest posts

Back