Growing in Plastic Trashcan, Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snivvle

Reaction score
Currently my plant is in Vegetative stage, and waiting for hydroponics system to be delivered. In the interm, I currently have the plant in the center of a Plastic, 30 gallon Trash can, with mylar lining the inside of the can. I am using a 105W, 6500K CFL as my light. There are no chances of burning, melting, or anything else of the can, is there? I am a bit overcautious, paranoid when it comes to fire.

Thanks in advance.

Since it is plastic, there should be no worries of fire or anything of the sort. Melting though might occur, but doubtful if you put the light in the right place. I highly recommend that when your plant gets a couple of feet high (close to the top), raise the light much higher so you have no worries. You'll be home free then, and you can have a worry-free, happy grow. Best of luck to you man.

well if youre not ventilating and the ambient temperature is also hot then yes theres a chance youre gonna come home to a blob of melted plastic, the heat has to go somewhere, if it doesnt it will just get hotter and hoter, easily past a 100... so as long as your ventilating it properly, i dont see a chance, in your case i would use 2 different vent suystem just in case 1 of the fans stop working, happened to me.. hope this helps
:ccc:

Don't know if you guys noticed or not, but that post is 4 months old...

Latest posts

Back