Growing on the window sil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorn

Micro Queen
Reaction score
Hello all, just wondering people thoughts on if its possible to grow a plant on a window sil (inside)? I live in the UK so it is currently winter, but i don't mind growing it into flowering/it being a small plant etc. in fact, the smaller the better.

I jus moved into my folks so its not really practical to have a proper grow or set up my HPS light etc so i fancied doin a little experiment :dancing:. Anyone else had a go at this? There is a radiator underneath the window, so she won't get freezing cold. If i do this it'll probably be an easy sativa, which are very simple to grow, or maybe an afghan.

Whats everyone's thoughts?

IMHO,if you dont have enough light going to your plant(s).They will streach on you something fierce.So instead of running a HPS.put your plants in a closet with some CFL's.Another thing,I dont want to get on your case,but is it cool with your parents that you grow in THERE house?Just think what THEY have to lose if YOU get caught.Thats all I am gonna say on that.Let us know how everything turns out.Until then Keep it GREEN:hubba:

Ive never seen this work it will just get tall and spindly then fall over.

Your going to need some light esp if you want buds.

i have one growing like this. it actually looks better than when i was trying to grow it under good lighting. but i was unkowingly nute burning the hell out of it too. i just couldnt kill it after all it had been thru so i stuck it in a pot of dirt and set it inside and it took off. it wont ever amount to anything but i just couldnt kill it. its a cute little plant
as stated you need to have decent light or youre wasting your time

cheers guys, yea i know its on my folks if i get caught but hey my mums got a seed she'd like to plant and there cool with the use of weed. but their generally cool.

Blunt, was yours in direct sunlight or just daylight? well its only a bit of an experiment and a laugh so we'll see. easy sativa are usually grown outdoors as far as i kno and their pretty hardy so we'll see.

Get some cfls, they are cheap and not very expensive to run. You can do it in a closet and heat shouldnt be an issue.

Thorn said:
cheers guys, yea i know its on my folks if i get caught but hey my mums got a seed she'd like to plant and there cool with the use of weed. but their generally cool.

Blunt, was yours in direct sunlight or just daylight? well its only a bit of an experiment and a laugh so we'll see. easy sativa are usually grown outdoors as far as i kno and their pretty hardy so we'll see.

mine is southern exposure so it gets indirect sunlight but you gotta remember im up in the great white north and the suns pretty weak at this time of year. i didnt expect it to produce anything. i just felt so sorry for it because of what i put it thru as a beginner. wouldnt ya know its a female too???
its just fun to watch it each day.its not like its costing you anything. but like stated, cfl's are pretty cheap and it wouldnt take much. good luck however you go

Cheers man, well i hav a seed thats germed wooop woop!! gonna pot it today to see if it comes to much. i do already have some cfls and, as i sed, a hps - its only 150W but i hav already done a grow and jus wondered how it'd grow as a house plant. mum knows i'm into growin plants in general anyway, so it'll jus be mixed in with some other house plants :D

Sounds to me like a bad idea your not going to have enough light .
You are going to have problems with humidity being right over a radiator(way too dry)
Your parents probably know enough about weed to figure out what's up.
Sounds like they were children of the 60's ,been there done that.
Normally I'd say go for it ,nothing to lose, but seeing as it's your parents house you do .
In this neck of the woods you get popped you can forfeit your home.
Don't know the law in the UK
Think it over and then think it over again

thanks but as i mentioned before, their cool with it, i'm not even expecting it to go to bud, and i may well jus see how it goes and then when its warmer plant it somewhere outside guerrilla styley or whatever its called. i'm not nieve, i know what i'm doing. but thanx for your input.

I'm not very experienced but I have read tons of stuff. From what I understand you'd be better keeping it under a couple of CFLs in a box or something rather than on a window sill.

thanx for ur input bent, but read the thread! i HAVE cfls and a hps.. this is an experiment!

Listen, unless you are in an MJ friendly country or miles away from anyone else it is not a good idea to blatently grow pot in your window for the whole world to see. You need to keep that stuff out of "bobbie's", or whatever you call the police in UK, eye.

IMO man if you feel safe and your other roomies are :aok: with it then do what you feel is right. Also there is no use in an experiment if oyur not going to flowr your progress, follow through is key to growing. all sounds god and so long as once the sun is dark you get your plants into veg further you should be o.k. :) and that small Hps will be fine for a single plant flower, so long as you make the space its on efficently vented and reflected. keep us posted and for Gods sake be careful as its not your property thats at risk

FYI: im :stoned: and been drinking so any typos and/ or mis-spellings are the result of a small bit of booze & herbal medication :D

Latest posts

Back