Growing w/CFLs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hamster Lewis said:
Looking good for cfl's faderharley. I am a HO T5 (veg) and HPS(s) for flower myself.
I just made the switch from CFL to T5 yesterday; will be posting my thoughts on results in my GJ... I switched from 2700 k CFL's to HPS last year, and was pleased with the results, and the save in electricity too! These are nice looking buds for a full CFL grow which leads me to believe that you could accomplish great things with HPS! From one CFL user to another, I understand your hesitance to switch; and I can't speak for T5 just yet, but I let these guys talk me into HPS and love that I listened... My suspision is that T5 will payoff as well. Either way, you obviously have something going on there and CFL's have been good to you! No one is trying to sway you from your techniques or knock them; just that they've tried all the lighting systems out there and these two are consistently considered as being those with the most favorable results...

Growdude said:
Look tasty!
Take more shots and put something in the picture for perspective, like I did with the 2 liter jug.

How close to being finished are they?

These photos are from my 2nd grow, completed, cured and stored....I'll dig around and ooops there it is :D

PB150007-1.JPG

PB150008-1.JPG

Hamster Lewis said:
Now there ya go making sense again Hick.....:)

Looking good for cfl's faderharley. I am a HO T5 (veg) and HPS(s) for flower myself.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have a hps light, see what I can do w/it. But I like growing w/CFLs 4now, lumens are always a factor as much as watts are, I know this. But intensity, I think moving the CFLs around the main colas, which by the way out of 4 plants had over 38 main colas w/o scrog, 15 snuggly packed pint jars of awesome bud, Landrace Colombian Gold and Blue Widow, kick-butt bud imo...not to mention 1-1/4oz underbud for honey oil

grow#2.JPG

DAAA DAAAA DAAA.... HEAD OUT ON THE HIGHWAY....DAA DAA DAA... HEAVY MEATAL THUNDER....
.....:p am I tellin' my age?

faderharley said:
Thanks Hick, going riden again today....:cool:

Nice bike, Nice buds, makes for a fine summer :headbang2:

Growdude said:
Nice bike, Nice buds, makes for a fine summer :headbang2:

Thanks Growdude, have had the bike since 2001, bought new of course. Today was awesome to ride, must have been hundreds of bikes out. Rode for 4-5 hours, did'nt want to come home, but needed to care of my gals and my wife.....she's been sick for a few days w/bad cold...:eek:

The jars were from my recent harvest of my 2nd grow, my re-veg grow will be ready in 10-11 weeks, then start maybe a 3rd run re-veg....Yes it's gonna be an awesome summer...:hubba:

Rosebud said:
I want a pantry full of those jars. Looking very good.

Thanks Rosebud, beautiful day to ride, re-veg 12/12 grow is going great.... :D

Latest posts

Back