growroom design assistance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostharry

Reaction score
Just joined this site. Have read through many of the posts...very informative site. I am a 50ish quadraplegic seeking growroom design assistance. Have a 24 ft x 9 ft 3 in. room. 50 plant license.

do u want to use all of that space up?? and are you wanting to do all 50 ? i can pry come up with sumthing.. i need to know what are you willing to spend and i am assuming you have some help?? cuz theres gonna be a little bit to do..

let me know and i can think sumthing up for ya and see if ya like it..

dude...you gotta arrange that flower room so you can rollup in there fatty style. i can picture you loungin in that jungle takin in all the beautiful aroma's from the many strains.

you gots enuf room for plots of strains under each HID :hubba:

check out www.HTGSupply.com for materials and www.seedboutique for beans.

do you have an idea of what medium you want to grow in?

cant wait to throw in some suggestions......

oh jesus....where are my manners....:welcome:
:48:

Hey lostharry welcome to MP. I'm a paraplegic so we have something in common. :hubba: I'm sure we can come up with something as far as a nice grow area goes. Just need to know how much your willing to spend and what you already have? Look foward to chatting with ya and getting your grow started. ;)
lostharry said:
Just joined this site. Have read through many of the posts...very informative site. I am a 50ish quadraplegic seeking growroom design assistance. Have a 24 ft x 9 ft 3 in. room. 50 plant license.

hello lostharry :welcome: to mp
goodluck on the grow room set up and grow:tokie:

Hey Lostharry,:welcome: .There is alot of information to be had and shared on here.This site has alot of very good people and info on here.So i hope you find what you are looking for.Heres a good place to look and read if you have any questions.Keep it GREEN:hubba: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ead.php?t=9396

Welcome, lostharry!

It sounds like you have an excellent starting point. You should be able to set up a great grow area, with lot's of buds. :hubba:

Here are a couple of links that I have found helpful...

hxxp://www.gardenhydroponica.com/category/homemade-hydroponics/
hxxp://www.mellowgold.com/grow/mjbotany-removed/

and a great video series...
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KVO26htvoQ (part 1 of 9)
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kBQbEjMpGA (part 2 of 9)
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI6y8k2ZVxs (part 3 of 9)
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AFFFX2Iymk (part 4 of 9)
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMnQzo-TOKA (part 5 of 9)
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JO_7MFOihU (part 6 of 9)
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bvLskVH7TM (part 7 of 9)
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z_GUGQLIDw (part 8 of 9)
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf-xA9p8gDM (part 9 of 9)

lostharry said:
I'm in a wheel chair but dont have it like you do. God bless ya, anyway. Get a couple 1000 wats and a dual 600 watt, make sure room is WHITE! Floors evertyhing. Get yer exaust going. look in max yield they have some great exaust systems in there. I would use 14 going out and 14 coming in. Plus a fan or 2. START FROM CLONES! Seeds are a pain. Only because of the sex. It takes awhile to find the balls on the plant. I can spot the balls in about a month of growing and out they go. Use Foxfarms ocean forrest and Botanicare for nutes. I use soil you may use hydro wich i think is a big cash cow. I wasnt to much help but you get the idea. Light, exaust, room temp and humitity. Keep it all the same all the time if you can. If you are growing hydro i cant help. Good luck to you. I use a wand to water my plants from my chair. Works great! Water everyday when using a wand. Same with nutes. Use about 1/4 of what they suggest.(Nutrients anyway) PH is important!!!!! PH AFTER you apply the nutes Ph changes when you add them. READ READ READ my friend. Good luck. God be with you.
Yer UncleSativa. :D :lama:

Thanks for all the replies. I am considering the following....dividing the room into 2 spaces. 2 4X8 Flood tables in a flowering room and 1 4x8 table in a veg room. Planting clones in 7x7x10 square pots filled with hydroton. Currently have a 400w electronic ballast with a 430w hps bulb. Thinking of purchasing 3 1000w ballasts. 12" vortex fan with a filter for exhaust...do I need an intake fan? or can I intake passively. Am also very unsure of the heat question with these lights in this room...should I use cool tubes and if so can I use the same 12" fan to filter and exhaust through the tubes? Thanks again especially to the other chair users

Just want to add that I do have help available for the grow room construction. Have several $1,000. available too start for equipment. Do have a 400w light annd various fans (2 duct fans, a 12" oscillating fan...) Plan to start with 25 clones.

I am retired and looking for a new hobby:)

Whats up man, welcome. Thats a very large operation you are talking about. I have a couple 1000s and a couple tables and a 6x6 veg area. It is time consuming and there are so many unforeseen expenses but a few grand will be needed. I have anywhere between 30 and 35 in flower at all times and the veg room as needed to get a perpetual harvest. At 30 it is a good amount of maintaining and upgrading, I am sure you'll be cool just try to have a good game plan. Keep me informed I would like to see how it pans out.

you are better off getting 5 600 watts then 3 1KW's. if you have the money

you will have lower temps and you can keep them closer to the plants so you will get more lumens distributed evenly over larger area of plants. more efficient.

i would get some squirrel cage fans to move large amounts cfm. intake fans good idea.

5 600w lights would produce less heat than 3 1000w lights?

allgrownup said:
you are better off getting 5 600 watts then 3 1KW's. if you have the money

you will have lower temps and you can keep them closer to the plants so you will get more lumens distributed evenly over larger area of plants. more efficient.

i would get some squirrel cage fans to move large amounts cfm. intake fans good idea.

what size tables do you use in your flower room? Thanks for the info

sweetnug said:
Whats up man, welcome. Thats a very large operation you are talking about. I have a couple 1000s and a couple tables and a 6x6 veg area. It is time consuming and there are so many unforeseen expenses but a few grand will be needed. I have anywhere between 30 and 35 in flower at all times and the veg room as needed to get a perpetual harvest. At 30 it is a good amount of maintaining and upgrading, I am sure you'll be cool just try to have a good game plan. Keep me informed I would like to see how it pans out.

lostharry said:
I am retired and looking for a new hobby:)

Growing MJ is a great hobby to have! I really do envy you having a 50 plant liscence! There are plenty of pros here to help you with any questions and may I recommend TBG (the brother's grunt) he helps just about everyone on this site and has been great!

in most cases the 600W's will be cooler and you plants will get more lumens of light.

as i understand it.....the key is "efficiency". the theory is...you can get a 600W much closer than a 1KW so you are getting more lumens to the plant. Even with a vented 1000W(which is what i use) i can not get the light closer than 18". a 600W at 12" has more lumens than a 1K at 18". i should have bought a 600w but live and learn.

the 1KW's put out a lot of heat man.

Latest posts

Back