Growroom Security

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCalHal

Reaction score
I know alot of you out there have some concern about security of your grow rooms when you are away.
I am SUPER freak about it.
Recently, I installed a GSM alarm in my rooms. Basically, it is a self installed alarm system that will either call you or text you, or both, if there is an issue.

All you need is the alarm system, and an activated cell phone SIM card. Go to your cell phone provider and ask them to add a line to your account, but you want no phone, just the activated SIM card. The SIM card will have it's own phone number attached to it.

Very easy to set up, very easy to find. They come in many different configurations. They will come with motion detectors and door open detectors. Some have glass break detectors also.
You will just have to figure out how many each of the motion detectors yuou need and the same with the door open detectors.

They come with a "car alam" remote to turn the system on and off, and you can also control it thru your Cell phone texts.

So, once installed, it will either call or txt you if a detector is triggered.

All for around $150, depending on how many detectors you need.

Plus the extra line on your cell phone bill. No worries though, it uses hardly any minuates on your cell phone plan.

Here is a link to some GSM alarms.

hXXp://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Gsm-Text-Auto-Dial-SMS-Spot-House-Home-Burglar-Alarm-System-New-Version-/140961509282?pt=US_Surveillance_Security_Systems&hash=item20d1f5efa2

XX to tt

thanks for the tip..I was looking into something like this....I have the security cams all ready and can access them from wifi...but dont have no way to let me know...thanks Norcal

well done NCH---sounds like you will be able to sleep a bit better at night now---good info

Yes Sir 4U, I have cameras installed too, but they are only as good as you watching them. It's nice to have a 24/7 guard there to let you know!

Appreciate the info NCH :)

I just installed motion sensors on 3 of my rooms...we'll see how they work. I have a watchdog also, a SIG 40 S&W....it never sleeps :)

NorCalHal said:
I just got a Beretta 96....love my .40

Nice :D Ya gotta do, what ya gotta do ;) The 40 is a great caliber, very versatile in load choices.

I reload also, saves alot of questions (and money) when buying ammo.

You need a big warehouse(no lease costs) on your personal property sitting on 40 wooded acres. Hear around Bellingham they have some nice foreclosures. :)

Latest posts

Back