Growtent vs. HydroHut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PuffTheMagicDragon

Reaction score
Growtents flaws are its made of plastic and dose not have as many vent holes as the hydrohut

Hydrohut's flaws i herd from the workers at HTGsupply that it is giving off vapors and killing plants they are having a recall on them a good thing about them is that the frame is made of steel

What do you all think?

My growtent has taken dogs abuse over the last couple of years ... think about how many times the thing is zipped and unzipped every day. It has proved itself to be a heavy duty piece of kit.

The only problem I ever had, was when I poked a small hole in it myself, and a small square of tape solved that.

I own a Bud Box. I cannot speak of the cheaper imitations.

con: growhut is heavy and cannot be moved in an emergency so easily but I like the sturdy "Metal" don;t like the fumes though. I was looking into it for awhile and stopped because of those concerns (fumes).

White Widow said:
con: growhut is heavy and cannot be moved in an emergency so easily but I like the sturdy "Metal" don;t like the fumes though. I was looking into it for awhile and stopped because of those concerns (fumes).
how eaisly is the growtent disassambled incase of parents coming to visit?

Hi Puff,

I have a Hydrohut 3.5' x 3.5' x 6' for about 2 months now. No complaints. It has 4 4" flange holes. And it seems pretty durable. Took me about 45 mins to an hour to assemble, alone.
As far as the fumes go, when I received and assembled it it had the new shower curtain smell from the plastic interior (I love that smell :)). I just left it unzipped with a small fan in it for a few hours and when I got home the odor was gone. Now it reaks of bud :).

I'm sure it would be much easier to disassemble, probably about 10 minutes.

Be well.

Latest posts

Back