Guidance for my first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is coming by for them in a little bit... given the size of them at the moment and cutting back to 8 am i still good to switch them Saturday? And does switching from 12 to 8 mean i need to alter my grow at all? Should i set up the trolling net?

After you lose half of them, post another pic...typically you can expect them to double in height after the switch unless you do something like a net to hold them down...I also grow in a small space and use a scrog to control the canopy...with your plants I’m guessing you’ll fill that screen very easy...just keep pulling them down...if they kink, no big deal, they will heal and be just fine...move them around to fill the screen or net...you may want to start trimming some of the lower leaves as the net fills up and large fan leaves up high to open more light...
FB77B6AD-DD11-44E9-97B8-9CEE07A347F7.jpeg

Hemp goddess, even with 9 in a 5x5? I'm just trying to get a good grasp on this before i do it. They are 16-18" tall, I'm posting pics of the 9 I have left. Given how quickly they grow after being switched I'm just concerned to wait too long because this will be challenging enough for me

I would spread them out and flip them , nothing worse than running out of room if they get 2 tall the under growth will suffer and you will have a lot of waste and if you cant lift the light you will burn the tops , I think you left them a bit late to tip but you have some stems coming up from the bottom that will catch up to get to the light they be looking like 2RES in 5 weeks

After you lose half of them, post another pic...typically you can expect them to double in height after the switch unless you do something like a net to hold them down...I also grow in a small space and use a scrog to control the canopy...with your plants I’m guessing you’ll fill that screen very easy...just keep pulling them down...if they kink, no big deal, they will heal and be just fine...move them around to fill the screen or net...you may want to start trimming some of the lower leaves as the net fills up and large fan leaves up high to open more light...
View attachment 252736
Looking sweet there 2RE whats that light you using

@QBCrocket that is a diy light built from parts at https://solstrip.com/en/
Capable of about 430 watts but I run it at about 80% for better efficiency...these are actual watts being pulled from the wall unlike watt most light manufacturers claim...it gives me good coverage I think and I like that it’s open any heat just rises up and out the vent...

@QBCrocket that is a diy light built from parts at https://solstrip.com/en/
Capable of about 430 watts but I run it at about 80% for better efficiency...these are actual watts being pulled from the wall unlike watt most light manufacturers claim...it gives me good coverage I think and I like that it’s open any heat just rises up and out the vent...
2RedEyes Me like . Now that Ive gone down the LED track I need to upgrade , Im using the vispectra 400 and have had good results but coverage and penetration are still not as good as I would like , that set up looks the go , I was looking at this below but havnt got the coin at the moment
https://au-ledgrowlightsdepot.glopalstore.com/products/gavita-pro-1650e-led-ml

Looks good, one of the things I like about these is the driver and it’s heat can be located outside of the grow space or tent...

Last edited:
From the last pic I see, I would not flip them yet. Wait until you see alternate node’s. I would take some clones of the sexiest ones just incase you get a stellar female. Hell even one or two clones per.

Looking great but don’t count your chicks before they hatch.

Great job!

In my flowering room, 4--5 plants will work in tent 5x5. It will be too crowded if I add more plants in.

Well here's my update... they've been in flower for 19 days. I'm obviously no expert but i feel like it's going pretty well. I need to get the humidity down a little, as I have a lights on temp of 68-72 and a night temp of about 63, humidity is anywhere from 50-55% but I'm planning on getting that down another 10% in the coming days. I'm nervous about harvest, as I've researched tirelessly about how bud is made and broken during drying and curing and I want to make sure I nail it... sorry I haven't kept this as updated but i appreciate any feedback and thank you all for your patience and advice
20190604_190811.jpg
20190604_190811.jpg
Screenshot_20190605-094850.png
Screenshot_20190605-094857.png

Latest posts

Back